☃️☃️Christmas 🎄🎄

We’ve booked to go away again this Christmas (I’m not telling you where, I don’t want you lot turning up!🤣).  Where do you guys like going for a festive break?

💋

I love my Bailey Unicorn Madrid, I do, I do, I do!!!

🤣😂😅

I love my Bailey Unicorn Madrid, I do, I do, I do!!!

I hope you have checked you can get your money back in the event of a lockdown? ;)

I wonder what Boris is going to say to us tonight? 

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

17 minutes ago, maxcat said:

We’ve booked to go away again this Christmas (I’m not telling you where, I don’t want you lot turning up!🤣).  Where do you guys like going for a festive break?

💋

Spain in caravan for last fifteen Christmases!  Optimistic that we might still go yet!if Spain peaks and comes down and this country goes up!, wishful thinking?but you gotta be positive.

• Like 1
  • I do not understand 1

Think we’ll be Billy no mates this year..some in Scotland, some in Barcelona, some down south, us ooop north.

We've always stressed to our children that they’re to do what makes them happy and not worry about us, so we’ve had a couple of Christmases by ourselves over the years.

Tell you what, the upside is there’s no meals to get on the table for loads of people, you can watch what you like on the telly, and eat (and drink) what you like all day in your PJs.

Thats the upside.

The downside, which I’d never ever let them know, is that they’re not with us 🙁 I’d hate the thought of any of them feeling guilty. We love them all dearly but feel they need to make their own way 🤷‍♀️

• I agree completely 4
19 minutes ago, Vaguely said:

Think we’ll be Billy no mates this year..some in Scotland, some in Barcelona, some down south, us ooop north.

We've always stressed to our children that they’re to do what makes them happy and not worry about us, so we’ve had a couple of Christmases by ourselves over the years.

Tell you what, the upside is there’s no meals to get on the table for loads of people, you can watch what you like on the telly, and eat (and drink) what you like all day in your PJs.

Thats the upside.

The downside, which I’d never ever let them know, is that they’re not with us 🙁 I’d hate the thought of any of them feeling guilty. We love them all dearly but feel they need to make their own way 🤷‍♀️

My happiest memories of Christmas was my late wife,three children ,me,all together on Christmas Day,nobody else allowed.!

Boxing day was grandparents,uncles aunts etc.

But I have a new partner now and we found it very difficult with two families,so for fifteen years we have visited all in the autumn!then we bomb off to Spain just to be on our own with friends.

• I agree completely 1

Brill, pheasant, hope you get there again this year😊

We’ve found, over the years, not to stress about Christmas’s at all. Let them all go and do what makes them happy, and enjoy the time we have together whenever that might be.

I have a good friend who is beside herself if her three children, and now partners and babies, don’t come to her for dinner on Christmas Day. I just don’t understand it 🤷‍♀️

• I agree completely 1

with all the Christmas events being cancelled, lights not being switched on  and no Santa, it's not looking very positive.  As to the family visiting, I'm with Vaguely, but I think that when you have family that are spread far and wise it's lovely to see them whenever that may be, without adding to their stress. It's not too bad having a quiet Christmas now and then

• Thanks 1
  • I agree completely 2

I think I am on a roll, every year I try to cancel christmas and always get voted down. I may win this year and have a few days peace.

• Haha 2

'I know' is just 'I Believe' with delusions of grandeur

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV 4H

Unicorn 4 Cadiz

4 minutes ago, Artleknock said:

I think I am on a roll, every year I try to cancel christmas and always get voted down. I may win this year and have a few days peace.

I am with you on this Artleknock! 

I always tell my grandchildren that Christmas only happens in odd-numbered years. This year I’m right! 🤪

• Haha 1

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Just tell the kids Santa died from coronavirus earlier this year !..So Christmas is cancelled ....

( A good lesson in life for them ?)

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1
On 16/09/2020 at 00:26, Silversurf said:

Haven't had a TV licence for over 17 years or more, haven't got a TV at home or in the van, haven't missed them at all.

One of the better things I've done, it freed up so much more extra time for me to enjoy so many other things in life.

My solution may not suit everyone, but I have a wry smile at folk who complain, whinge and moan about the excessive salaries paid to folk at the BBC,  yet happily continue to dig into their pocket to fund the BBC, including the massive pension fund and gross golden handshakes. 🙄😂

I have to say ....If I never saw a TV set again in my life I'd be happy !...

Call me old fashioned but I love my radio and CDs music !!

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/09/2020 at 20:33, Artleknock said:

Gets my vote, with al the uncertainty it makes sense!:D Bah humbug!

• Haha 1

Hyundai Santa Fe+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

• 3 weeks later...

I tell my 4 granddaughters that Christmas only happens in odd numbered years. This year I guess I’m right!

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

31 minutes ago, MalH said:

I tell my 4 granddaughters that Christmas only happens in odd numbered years. This year I guess I’m right!

Tell ‘em Santa has Covid this year, so has to self isolate ;)

• Haha 2

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

10 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

Tell ‘em Santa has Covid this year, so has to self isolate ;)

If you are in tier 2 or 3 Santa is not allowed in anyway so prepare the children well in advance that he is not coming and save the money on the presents.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Paul1957 said:

If you are in tier 2 or 3 Santa is not allowed in anyway so prepare the children well in advance that he is not coming and save the money on the presents.

he is, he’s working so allowed to travel. Only problem is in Wales he can’t deliver non essential items like clothes or electrical goods.

• Haha 2

Why worry about Christmas as we cannot even tell what will happen next week never mind in two months. Personally I think governments will accept that people will celebrate Christmas to some extent whatever they try to do and there will be some relaxation, but for how long and to what extent is anybodies guess. 

On 22/09/2020 at 20:33, Artleknock said:

Moi aussi!

Happily give it a good ignoring, wife won't agree I suspect!

Hyundai Santa Fe+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

Hello all,

We wouldn't normally consider using the van over Christmas and New Year, but we might this New Year!

The reason we wouldn’t usually consider it is not because we don’t think it’s a great idea, it’s due to it usually being a hectic time with lots of travelling round to see family and friends, works parties, house parties, Panto, school and other events around the kids… we’re usually fully booked every weekend between mid-November and mid-January.

This year, well nobody knows what it will be like and what restrictions will be in place but we all certainly know it’ll be different!

So, for New Year, everyone in our house (especially the kids) think it would be great to go away for 3 nights. Then it got me thinking… if we’ve had this idea and, there are more people than ever who have taken up caravanning, after having a break or for the first time.

Do we think year could the busiest festive period sites have ever seen?

Or, given the situation and restrictions, will it put of more regulars than it will attract newbies?

Views, thoughts, opinions, insights??

Ted :) 

On 22/09/2020 at 16:33, maxcat said:

💋

Never advise in advance that you will be away.

macafee2