Water Inlet Possible Air Leak?

Hi, I have a issue with my water pressure, I accidentally turned pump on with out it being connected to the aqua roll.  Only for a couple min before I realized.

Now water pressure comes out fast then a trickle. With the out side water inlet could there be a air leak from there I can not see any other water leaks any ware.

I have attached a image of the inlet also is there a o ring in there I may need to replace?

Thanks all.

IMG_20200920_150036.jpg

Unlikely! If there was a leak the caravan side of the pump water would be forced out, it wouldn’t draw air in. What’s possibly happened is the dry pump has put a bit of air pressure into your system, when you open a tap that compressed air expands a bit and increases the flow. It should settle down pretty quickly.

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

7 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

Unlikely! If there was a leak the caravan side of the pump water would be forced out, it wouldn’t draw air in. What’s possibly happened is the dry pump has put a bit of air pressure into your system, when you open a tap that compressed air expands a bit and increases the flow. It should settle down pretty quickly.

I turn pump on but still run after ten or so min do I turn tap on while pump off. Or do I run pump while tap on for few min

Edited by wolfgang1983

If the pump is running continuously then it is probable that by running it dry you have worn away the small neoprene blades in the pump impeller so they are unable to push any water through the system, or if they are it’s only a very small amount. 

If you can, try another pump to see if that works but by the sounds of it your pump is damaged and needs replacing. You can get just the pump rather than the whole inlet system, dead easy things to change.

Edited by Mr Plodd

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

3 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

If the pump is running continuously then it is probable that by running it dry you have worn away the small neoprene blades in the pump impeller so they are unable to push any water through the system, or if they are it’s only a very small amount. 

If you can, try another pump to see if that works but by the sounds of it your pump is damaged and needs replacing. You can by just the pump rather than the whole inlet system, dead easy to change.

I will let you know back up pump coming in tomorrow 

19 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

If you can, try another pump to see if that works but by the sounds of it your pump is damaged and needs replacing. You can get just the pump rather than the whole inlet system, dead easy things to change.

Hi we found the issue the tap valve to let water in to pump had a gores mesh inside and that was blocked gunk so we removed that and all worked fine but since we removed it put another filter on line before pump so that can easier be removed for cleaning 

IMG_20200922_130626 (1).jpg

• Like 1

For anyone else reading this with the same problem. Remove the filter on the end of the tap spout and throw it away. 

Use the same filter you have in your house, I. e. None! 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

26 minutes ago, WispMan said:

For anyone else reading this with the same problem. Remove the filter on the end of the tap spout and throw it away. 

The OP says :

"Hi we found the issue the tap valve to let water in to pump had a gores mesh inside and that was blocked gunk so we removed that and all worked fine but since we removed it put another filter on line before pump so that can easier be removed for cleaning"

So it appears it's not a filter in the end of a tap spout but on the inlet side of the pump.

This suggests that the OP may have an onboard pump with a tap to isolate the pump and this is where the filter was.

• Like 1

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Silversurf said:

The OP says :

"Hi we found the issue the tap valve to let water in to pump had a gores mesh inside and that was blocked gunk so we removed that and all worked fine but since we removed it put another filter on line before pump so that can easier be removed for cleaning"

So it appears it's not a filter in the end of a tap spout but on the inlet side of the pump.

This suggests that the OP may have an onboard pump with a tap to isolate the pump and this is where the filter was.

Correct its the brass ones in image don't worry about red hose all I had left 

IMG_20200921_165854.jpg

Edited by wolfgang1983
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, wolfgang1983 said:

Correct its the brass ones in image

IMG_20200921_165854.jpg

Hi, thanks for your reply Wolfgang, obviously there to protect the pump, which is rather expensive, from any debris that may enter the Aquaroll.

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, Silversurf said:

Hi, thanks for your reply Wolfgang, obviously there to protect the pump, which is rather expensive, from any debris that may enter the Aquaroll.

Thats why I put a another filter to make it easy to clean I have three filters one in tank one near pump and a fresh water house filter under sink.

Edited by wolfgang1983
  • Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, WispMan said:

Not true !!

Mt taps have filters on the end of the spouts at home !

1 minute ago, Brecon said:

Not true !!

Yes I know but is not what I am talking about in op I said gores mesh. 

5 minutes ago, Brecon said:

Not true !!

This is the third filter i have undersink 

IMG_20200922_210208.jpg

That filter under the sink is a Whale item and it is that kind of filter that is of no use, other than costing quite a lot of money to replace(which they should be every 30 days of use, despite what makers claim), and that filter is prone to splitting in very cold weather and they are a bacteria breeding ground.

Best advice is to remove it and bridge the gap with a piece of blue pipe.

Quote " Yes I know but is not what I am talking about in op I said gores mesh. "

It is the mesh filter that I was referring to at the end of my household taps, as well a mesh filters on the shower mixer bar and shower head.

Edited by Brecon
39 minutes ago, Brecon said:

That filter under the sink is a Whale item and it is that kind of filter that is of no use, other than costing quite a lot of money to replace(which they should be every 30 days of use, despite what makers claim), and that filter is prone to splitting in very cold weather and they are a bacteria breeding ground.

Best advice is to remove it and bridge the gap with a piece of blue pipe.

Quote " Yes I know but is not what I am talking about in op I said gores mesh. "

It is the mesh filter that I was referring to at the end of my household taps, as well a mesh filters on the shower mixer bar and shower head.

Sorry this is not a whale filter as we had it put in by a water filter company in  nz this one last 12 months the one in the out side tank is the one that replace aqua roll regular  

And also at end of the tap is called Male Tap Aerator

Edited by wolfgang1983
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, wolfgang1983 said:

Correct its the brass ones in image don't worry about red hose all I had left 

IMG_20200921_165854.jpg

Hi again Wolfgang, just a quick query, is the pump relatively quiet and have  you mounted it directly on the floor or have you sat it on some sound insulating material ?

Reason I ask is one of my sons is doing converting a van into a camper and is undecided as to fitting an in tank pump or an external one.

7 minutes ago, Silversurf said:

Hi again Wolfgang, just a quick query, is the pump relatively quiet and have  you mounted it directly on the floor or have you sat it on some sound insulating material ?

Reason I ask is one of my sons is doing converting a van into a camper and is undecided as to fitting an in tank pump or an external one.

Not really is quiet loud inside when run the shurflow ones but depends how you mount it. I not do anything for winter just leave it as it is because I have showers at a camp I use I just use it for dishes and getting clean water. You can do what ever you want just read up on internet what is best

My first year living in one full time.

Edited by wolfgang1983
  • Thanks 1