Working against all odds - neglect, age etc - Photos

A topic to consider?  Photos of caravan horror stories - things you've come across that look beyond all repair but are still working.

Some years ago I bought an early Swift Corniche knowing it needed some tlc.

Here's a photo of an upper rear repeater lamp.  I noticed it was half full of water and removed the lens.  Why it hadn't shorted I've no idea.  The closer you look the more gross it gets.  But everything worked 100% .  The rear light/indicator units were worse but still worked.

Europa13_2 - Copy.jpg

Ah, yes.  Sorry - I should have said that the screws were added by myself before the photo.  The originals were corroded completely and the unit was "stuck" to the bodywork with some mastic.  The new screws went in and tightened ok surprisingly.  One occasion when earthing was working against all odds too.  

Apart from the amount of debris in there it doesn't actually look bad.

Only fairly light surface corrosion. Big problems down the line though if ignored.

10 hours ago, CJ1149 said:

One occasion when earthing was working against all odds too.  

There are two wires to the light, both insulated from the fixing screws, so there is no earthing through the bodywork.  I think that you will find that all 12v fitting on a caravan have wired connections for both positive and negative.

• I agree completely 1