JamesLewis

Table storage - Bailey Unicorn 3 Cadiz

One of the turn-button retention clips which hold my dining table in it's designated transit storage (back of wardrobe) has failed on two occasions. The screws have simply not been sufficient to hold the retention clip  in place and consequently have not retained the table properly during transit. I have used Gorilla Super Glue on the turn-button clip for the second time but it will undoubtedly fail again soon. Have any of you had similar problems and what can I do to make the transit position more secure? We really appreciate the benefit of having this table with us on our travels so leaving it at home is undesirable. I have given consideration to M4 metal anchor bolts, riveting nylon straps or simply carrying the table in the back of my car. I'm aware of the limited space  & depth of the cavity behind the very thin wallboard. I look forward to any advice that you may offer. With thanks in advance.

A double sided Velcro type strap like you sometimes get to secure electrical flex. Thin, pretty strong and best of all cheap? 

462C45A5-5148-48AF-A2A1-D82C69256265.jpeg

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

I can see where you're coming from Mr P. I would still surely need some sort of solid & permanent attachment on the wall board on which to use the Velcro strap?  Thanks for prompt advice.

Ah! I thought you were looking for something to hold the legs together :o

I think I would try a new turnbuckle and a lump of foam between the table and the “opposite” wall to the turnbuckle. That should stop the table rattling around and breaking the clip.Those fixings are made of a “waxy” plastic and I have yet to find an adhesive that will stick it together. 

Or perhaps something like a Cranked door bolt fixed to the wall that drops down to hold the top of the table against the wall ?

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

I've got two new turnbuckles arriving later today. Spoke with a neighbour (a retired civil engineer) this morning who suggested I attach two straps of wood of suitable width to the back panel using 'NO MORE NAILS' adhesive - one near the top and the other near the bottom, effectively increasing the depth of the wallboard. Using suitable wood screws, I could then attach each of the turnbuckles to the straps of wood. This, with a piece of stout sponge to prevent rattling could provide the answer and unlikely to encroach too much on caravan payload. Thoughts?

Edited by JamesLewis
Correction