My caravan was on a seasonal pitch I’ve only had it 6 weeks when the floor started dipping rang dealer who arranged to pick it up to repair came today set off out of site caravan came unhitched and crashed into a post   Causing major damage. The driver coupled it back up and set off back to dealers. We are waiting now to see what they come up with will post later

Does not sound good. Whilst waiting for the dealer to get back I would have a look at your insurance policy to see if it is covered in case you want to make a claim. If it needs a new front panel these are around £3k. I might be wanting a new caravan.

It should be the person who is towing it that should foot the bill, not your insurers.  If it was you who was towing it to the repair shop, and the accident happened, then its your fault.  At the point of him hitching it to his vehicle, the responsibility should be the garage

• I agree completely 1

Defo the dealers responsibility, don’t let them even try to say otherwise. 

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

Caravan dealer contacted us they are giving us a full refund of the price we paid . The guy who came to pick it up was really upset he has been towing for 35 years and never had a problem. We told him we were glad it happened on site and not when he got on the motorway at least no one was injured. 

• Like 3

Well its a good result in a way but you now have an empty seasonal pitch. The dealer could find you another caravan of the same value etc and bring it to your pitch if you ask. 

Ern

Just fancy that - a caravan dealer doing the right thing, apparently on their own volition, without the threat of court action etc.  Perhaps they should be named as an example to all. Great to read something positive. 👍👍

• I agree completely 6

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

That was a good result......good dealer....many stories about high powered cars being crashed while being serviced and left to the owner to sort out on their insurance..

Once saw a twin axle Hobby being recovered by police on a travellers site. It  was found via a tracker (saw  someone with a hand held device outside the site just before the police arrived) and was undamaged until the recovery Landrover swung out too sharp onto the road and scraped the side of the van on a metal post ......

It was kenmore caravans at Mirfield in West Yorkshire Sally the owner was absolutely fantastic and all the staff especially Brendan she even refunded us for the extras we purchased which were a new leisure battery and a pigtail. She was really upset about it but as we have said at least nobody was hurt 

Sounds like a fair result from a very poor situation. Half a lifetime in the Fire Service has proven to me that accidents can  happen to anyone. At least on this occasion it’s been handled in the best possible way. 

Is it a good enough response to tempt you to buy again from the same dealer? 

19 minutes ago, Fireman Iain said:

Is it a good enough response to tempt you to buy again from the same dealer? 

If that response isn’t good enough for anyone within 30/40 miles ( or further ) of the dealer to consider buying from them, they don’t recognise a great company which  considers their customers supreme! 

• I agree completely 1

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

Good outcome and hopefully you will get a replacement before the summer ends. If it had needed a new front panel I was told by my dealer they are about 3 months delivery so to repair the damage might have meant not having the caravan for a long time.

I would definitely give a lifetime of dealing with this company, as long as the management stays the same people.  Best advert is always word of mouth.   5 gold stars should be rewarded to this company.  Will probably take a trip over tomorrow.  I live in Manchester, looks like a nice day, weatherwise.  Need a couple or so extras for my caravan, which I didn't get when I went to Leisure Sales in Cheshire;)

Good service although to be frank there is not a lot they could do other than hold up there hands and put things right.