8 Foot Wide - inside info please

2Tone

Asking a favour of anyone who owns one of the 8 foot wide Coachmans.

We have a 7' 5" wide Acadia and find the front slide out table to be rather lacking in width at 51cm.

There is potential to gain an extra 9cm width in the housing but would need a matching  table top  to make a nice job.

Not having any local 8 footers locally to look at I am hoping that someone might be kind enough to measure the width of their slide out table for me?

Just as a guide.

In much appreciation, thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi 2tone I have a 8’ wide laser and my pull out table is also very narrow, you have to sit on the edge of the seat cushion if you are eating off the pull out table, I get the full size table out when eating for that very reason, I will measure it for you when I’m next at the van  if no one hasn’t beat me to it, should be there at the weekend if that helps.

Hi 2 tone I measured the pull out table in my Coachman Laser 850XL and it measures 66cm I also measured the width of the free standing table and to my surprise that only measured 55cm wide hope this helps

Hi Wobbleboxnobby,

Really appreciate your time and response to my question. Yes it certainly does help. We decided on a new Coachman Acadia this year as our Swift Challenger had given us so many problems. However, as always, there are some things that other do better and we were surprised to find how narrow the pull out table was in the Coachman compared to the Swift.

The 66cm table you have I think, would be ideal for our 7' 5" van as it would add an additional 15 cm (7.5 per side). Although am not sure if Coachman would be prepared to supply me with just the table top?

I hope you enjoy many years with your Laser 850XL, the extra width certainly makes them so unbelievably spacious inside.

Thanks again for your help.

Oh! and BTW our full size table is also 55cm wide, so must be standard for all.

Pleased it helped. I would imagine you could purchase a table top via your supplying dealer, or maybe direct from Coachman. I have enquired about a couple of door shuts from my dealer and they have got me a price no problem, so don’t think you will have any trouble getting one. I wish both my tables were wider for the same reason as yourself, I have to sit on the edge of the cushion and lean forward when ever using the tables. Having said that I must confess the overall caravan build quality is superb compared to my previous Elddis  and would not change it back for a Elddis.

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.