Smarty

PR1

Does anybody use SMARTY for accesss to the internet.

Looking for some feed back please.

Paul.

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

18 minutes ago, PR1 said:

Does anybody use SMARTY for accesss to the internet.

Looking for some feed back please.

Paul.

I do. 

They use the Three network, so signal strength and service is the same as Three, just cheaper and the contracts are more flexible.

44 minutes ago, Richard080561 said:

I do. 

They use the Three network, so signal strength and service is the same as Three, just cheaper and the contracts are more flexible.

Thanks.

We also use 3. Unlimited data for £20.00 a month appeals to us.

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

1 hour ago, PR1 said:

Thanks.

We also use 3. Unlimited data for £20.00 a month appeals to us.

Soon after I joined Smarty they sent me better offers.  I am now paying £10/month for 30GB of data

13 minutes ago, Richard080561 said:

Soon after I joined Smarty they sent me better offers.  I am now paying £10/month for 30GB of data

We use about 20 gb a week, so we will go the unlimited package. £20.00 a month.

I use it. 30 GB/£10mth. Was sceptical as I live in a poor area even for Vodafone. But it's been fine so far, I've only had reception problems once, and that was this week on the cornish coast

I use 3 at home as we have no phoneline and at present its running at 33Mbs which is slow its normally 46 ;)

I have Smarty for the van/boat as I can do it month by month depending  if I am away or not, deal of the moment is 100gb / £15, its a good system and if anyone wants a free month sign up at https://referme.to/blHJxg

I get a freebie as well. ;)

Thanks all. I have looked at our usage, and it is about 16gb a week.

So when the present  3 cards are used up we will switch.
One 24gb card costs around £48.00 so no brainer,

• 2 weeks later...

hi use it ,,and it works great in the uk ,,but on a recent trip to France i found out the unlimited is not unlimited its max is 20gb per month ,,and it would not let me tether ,,they said it should work but didn't my bt sim worked on all devices, just to be aware if your thinking about traveling abroad,  customer service seems good ,,always answered my questions within an hour ,,

Edited by robf1234

• 8 months later...

I use the 3 unlimited data at home because our village is limited to BT for traditional broadband. 

The 3 router working on 4g is faster upload and download than our last telephone provider working on fibre to the box. 

The other great thing is we take the 3 router with us in the van and everything works. No need to retuned networks 

5 hours ago, Webslinger said:

I use the 3 unlimited data at home because our village is limited to BT for traditional broadband. 

The 3 router working on 4g is faster upload and download than our last telephone provider working on fibre to the box. 

The other great thing is we take the 3 router with us in the van and everything works. No need to retuned networks 

Eh? You cannot be limited to BT for provision of broadband, it would probably be illegal. BT Openreach who supply and maintain the cable infrastructure may own all the cables but there are plenty of other providers who will feed you the Interweb over the BTOR cables.

I suggest you go to http://www.magsys.co.uk select Code Lookup and enter your full phone number. It will show you the name of the exchange that you are connected to. Then go to http://www.samknows.com, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and click on UK Broadband Availability.

On the samknows page click on Exchange search and enter the name of your exchange that you discovered earlier. Then click on the underlined name of the exchange that appears in the next box.

This will open a new page that will show all the facilities that are available on the exchange - including at lower right any providers that use their own equipment. If there are none with green ticks but ADSL or 21CN is green ticked in the middle of the page there will be plenty of other service providers you can choose. Some examples are Plusnet (owned by BT but cheaper), Zen Internet, The Post Office, Sky, John Lewis, and many others.

I'm happy with what I have so don't need to change. When I last checked only BT was available. Sky also use the box but didn't have capacity to add me. 

My current system suits me fine and is faster than what is available at the cabinet.