Walesy

Beach front caravan site

Hi

Does anyone know of a nice touring caravan site right on the beach front in the uk?

Yes.....:ph34r:

.  ..

• Haha 1

"to be auld and wise you must first be young and daft "

Pentewan Sands in Cornwall is right on the beach. Never been ourselves but I believe you can pre-book your pitch.

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

Just come back from Freshwater East and whilst not directly on the beach is literally 5mins walk (if that) to the beach. Our first stay at a CMC site and really enjoyed it. Very quiet and very few kids now schools are back.

• I agree completely 1

12 hours ago, GaryB1969 said:

Pentewan Sands in Cornwall is right on the beach. Never been ourselves but I believe you can pre-book your pitch.

I'm 59 now, I went there when  I was about 8.

WhiteHouse Beach CMC site in Kessingland Suffolk has pitches about as close to the sea as you can get without getting wet. Not used it myself but noticed it when we were down there last summer. Why not use Google maps to get a few ideas. I know it's an aerial view, but words like clifftop or beach etc. give clues as to the lie of the land. 

Edited by Dobloseven
Spelling

Channel view, Brean!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

22 hours ago, Walesy said:

Hi

Does anyone know of a nice touring caravan site right on the beach front in the uk?

As others have said, Pentewan Sands. We are there now on a CMC rally and saving £18 a night on the sites prices.

Budle farm in Northumbria. Killegruer or Muasdale or Machrihanish on the Campbeltown peninsula. 

Garliestown CMC. 

Any number on the west coast of Scotland    .

Galloway has a few . New England Bay, Sandhead Holiday Park, Port Patrick sea views rather than beach front but panoramic all the same....Recommend Killiegruer but a fair run from down south......

"to be auld and wise you must first be young and daft "

Seadown Holiday Park at Charmouth in Dorset. The site also has the River Char alongside.

I can't remember the name of the site,but there is one in Southsea, I have stayed there and it is next to the beach at the quiet end of Southsea

Damage Barton Nr Woolacombe North Devon, close to beach and most if not all pitches have sea views (site is terraced). Only issue is if the fog comes down as cant see anything then, but to be fair none of us can control the weather. 

I in my mid 30's and caravan with my caravaning cat all year.  Honda CRV '65' Plate 1.6 Diesel towing Swift Corniche 15/2E 1995  Hyundai Santa Fe towing Adria Dart (with weight upgrade to 1800 kg)