Thought this was interesting - Employee Reviews of working for Swift

Been reviewing different brands of caravans for a potential purchase a year from now and found this link when researching swift:

https://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Swift-Caravans/reviews

gives a bit of insight into working there but I’m guessing most caravan production lines have similar targets whatever the brand. 

so far throughout all my research it seems Adria have the best build quality with fewest faults but they also use fairly outdated construction techniques including the use of wood frames. 

Very insightful into the inner workings of Swift.  Could answer quite a few questions in terms of faults.... 🤔

As much of a mix of reviews as you would expect from any workplace employing unskilled or semi-skilled assembly workers.

• I agree completely 3

Lunar didn't fair very well either .....

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

• 3 weeks later...

Yes Adria seem to do well but now many caravans do they sell in the uk. I know they say they adjust for that but I am not sosure.

On 29/09/2020 at 06:33, Jezzerb said:

Yes Adria seem to do well but now many caravans do they sell in the uk. I know they say they adjust for that but I am not sosure.

As a percentage they don’t sell very many but they seem to stick to a tried and trusted construction technique as opposed to the other European brands which seem to be ever changing their construction to mitigate water ingress failures that were fairly common. 

1 hour ago, Pembssurfer said:

As a percentage they don’t sell very many but they seem to stick to a tried and trusted construction technique as opposed to the other European brands which seem to be ever changing their construction to mitigate water ingress failures that were fairly common. 

I am not sure where to draw the line between "tried and trusted" and obsolete, or are they the same?

• Like 1

Had an Adria for the last 6 years.

The basic layout with no center draw works for us.

The way they put the panels together is fairly unique so I was told by my AWS engineer.

It's had its fair share of issues to be honest.

I had an email today from them that they've appointed a load of new dealers.

Saying that it has stood up well to the kids doing their level best to destroy it, it tows nicely and the rear bunks are big enough for me to sleep in at 5'10

On 02/10/2020 at 20:17, Jiffy176 said:

Had an Adria for the last 6 years.

The basic layout with no center draw works for us.

The way they put the panels together is fairly unique so I was told by my AWS engineer.

It's had its fair share of issues to be honest.

I had an email today from them that they've appointed a load of new dealers.

Saying that it has stood up well to the kids doing their level best to destroy it, it tows nicely and the rear bunks are big enough for me to sleep in at 5'10

Leaky type issues? 

A mixed bag which makes assessing the truth difficult. All firms have production targets, as they need these to operate and cost the work,  although unless they are realistic there can be problems.

• Grandpa Steve changed the title to Thought this was interesting - Employee Reviews of working for Swift
15 hours ago, Pembssurfer said:

Leaky type issues? 

Battery box door which needed to be resealed and currently have a bit of ingress at the rear nearside corner, nothing major. Back to the dealers in a couple of weeks to be fixed.

Tbh the other stuff was 3rd party products like the fridge gas solenoid and jockey wheel handle snapping off. Stuff that could happen to any van.

I like the extra length A frame and simple design. I'd still have another one and am seriously considering one of their motorhomes when the kids are older.