Is this THE most pointless thing to ever do ??

50 minutes ago, Johnaldo said:

They’re definitely replaceable Dobloseven - see this from F.L. Hitchman’s web-site …

4A1537AB-D444-4663-B45D-EAB5D671D80F.thumb.jpeg.b64ae16d90f5ca702100fc8dd74fdbee.jpeg

It says to tap them into place.

John

Thanks for that, I shall sleep soundly tonight. Seriously, they are a splendid bit of industrial design, aren't they. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Towing a car behind a motor home has always seemed right up there with the best of them for me. 

The bags aren’t for keeping them clean, Wildwood - they’re for keeping stuff stored around them clean - or in our case, keeping the shower clean as that’s the only place they can travel.   J

The other one that gets me are the people who, in mid holiday, when they take the loo cassette to the emptying point rinse it multiple times, add chemicals and a couple of litres of water only to put

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Disco Kid said:

You omitted to follow up with 'Phoebe' ..

but you are probably too young to have heard it ....

I think you  meant precede it with Farrah and proceed it with Majors ? 

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

32 minutes ago, Susan D said:

I don't understand why two people, not in the first flush of youth, with an 8 foot wide twin axle monster van, pitch up, then proceed to erect their mahoosive full size awning, so they can sit in it and watch the world, whatever the weather, for two days, then have to take it down and pack it all away again. I mean, what a faff for such a short time! How much space do two people need? If the weather is nice, why not just sit outside? Or if not, just sit in the van? I suppose it's horses for courses, it takes all sorts, and what suits one doesn't suit another!

Oops, sounds like us! We love sitting in our full awning. Don’t really consider it a faff putting it up and down though. Just an hour each end of the holiday, but  we’ve only got a ‘narrow’ TA. 

12 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

I think you  meant precede it with Farrah and proceed it with Majors ? 

Ah .. giving your lack of age away

2 hours ago, Gordon said:

Had the same Aquaroll since the 40lt first came out - used on many hundreds of rallies, and numerous holidays - never lubricated - still working perfectly.

image.png

Some trailed cars can make sense . . .

image.png

. . .  while others do not ;)

Last year saw on site an RV similar to the first photo with a four wheeled trailer with twin motor movers used to carry an Audi Q5. 

21 minutes ago, Dobloseven said:

Last year saw on site an RV similar to the first photo with a four wheeled trailer with twin motor movers used to carry an Audi Q5. 

Nice! 

IF you can afford the fuel bill! 

In over 30 years of camping (from frame tent to folding campers, to caravans), have never ever had aquarolls or facsimiles of same.  Why?  Because more often than not, water taps was usually close to your unit, so use my kettle to get water for hot drinks (or 2ltr containers for cold drinks), go to the service area to wash up dishes, and bathrooms to have a wash or showers.  Easy peasy;)

7 minutes ago, Babstreefern said:

In over 30 years of camping (from frame tent to folding campers, to caravans), have never ever had aquarolls or facsimiles of same.  Why?  Because more often than not, water taps was usually close to your unit, so use my kettle to get water for hot drinks (or 2ltr containers for cold drinks), go to the service area to wash up dishes, and bathrooms to have a wash or showers.  Easy peasy;)

Different things for different people ..

In over 50 years (more if you count as a child) I've rarely been on sites with wash-up / wash-down areas .. generally avoid like the plague ... too many people .. 

But don't use aquaroll either .. one 25 and two 10 litre jacks suit my way perfectly.. 

Edited by Disco Kid
1 hour ago, Dobloseven said:

this one’s better

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2206718/The-1-2million-motorhome-state-art-kitchen-luxury-entertainment-storage-supercar.html

image.jpeg.5625244bacdbb3e40439e4ff4aeff7b0.jpeg

I bet that would cost more than my house + car + caravan . 

Fabulous bit if kit IF you can afford it, but if you had THAT much money wouldn’t you prefer to stay in posh hotels??  And travel between them in your Bentley GT/Aston Martin Vanquish? 

My GOD!! It’s priced at £1.2 million :o

And doesn’t even include the car :rolleyes:

Edited by Mr Plodd

1 hour ago, Babstreefern said:

That's fine it it suits you. Personally I like to use the onboard facilities, after all I didn't pay for them just to add weight to lug around. Most of our caravanning life has been spent on rallies with various clubs, so for that it's often necessary to be self contained, as the only services tend to amount to a cold water supply and if lucky (and we don't have to dig our own pit) somewhere formal to empty an Elasan.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

3 hours ago, Tuningdrew said:

Oops, sounds like us!

Sorry, hope I didn't offend! I think we just like it too easy to be bothered, plus I fear that both our can and van are loaded enough as it is!

There were two humongous RVs at the site we've just returned from, one was a Vacationer, size of a bus, I'd never seen anything like it! Mr. D - the driver - just looks and shakes his head, very firmly. No, just no. 

They look amazing inside though - I've lived in smaller bricks and mortar places.

Edited by Susan D
19 minutes ago, Susan D said:

Sorry, hope I didn't offend! I think we just like it too easy to be bothered, plus I fear that both our can and van are loaded enough as it is!

We have a big wide TA and put the full awning up, even for weekends. We did buy a modular awning thinking we could put just the porch up for short stays and the total "palace" for longer stays but it takes very little more time to put the whole lot up it hardly seems worth using just the porch.

I'm certainly not offended by someone voicing a different opinion. I'm sure we watch people do things that makes no sense to us, but it does to them and that's all that matters.

I did think about qualifying my comment about towing cars as being more reasonable on larger units, but for the smaller units then to me if your going to tow something it makes much more sense to tow a caravan ..... but we are all different

Edited by PMW
1 hour ago, Dave Capiro owner said:

No way! You'd never get a Q5 under there. 

37 minutes ago, Dobloseven said:

No way! You'd never get a Q5 under there. 

if you could afford the "transporter" you surely wouldn't pollute it with something like an Audi, Beamer or a Merc. Surely a Benteyga or a Cullinan

Bloke 4 pitches away from us on the last site we were on was towing his Bailey with a DBX, slight overkill.

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front - Discovery 4. Wheels at the back - Bessacarr 845.

I declare, my life will not be complete until I see a Discovery being towed by a Discovery. I've set that as one of my life goals.

1 hour ago, Susan D said:

I declare, my life will not be complete until I see a Discovery being towed by a Discovery. I've set that as one of my life goals.

I once saw at Sedgemoor Services (M5) a Jeep Grand Cherokee towing an identical Jeep Grand Cherokee on a trailer. As it happened they were also identical to mine.  I hope people did not think we were related as I'm pretty sure they were over the holy 85% ;)

17 minutes ago, Susan D said:

Are there any others, a Mustang towing a Mustang? 

6 minutes ago, Dobloseven said:

Are there any others, a Mustang towing a Mustang? 

Ooh, steady on now, can't be getting too ambitious, can we! :lol:

1 minute ago, Bolingbroke said:

I once saw at Sedgemoor Services (M5) a Jeep Grand Cherokee towing an identical Jeep Grand Cherokee on a trailer. As it happened they were also identical to mine.  I hope people did not think we were related as I'm pretty sure they were over the holy 85% ;)

I remember seeing a smiley face Transit car transporter with a Transit van on it, towing a trailer with another Transit on that. The towing vehicle bore the name of a local Ford dealer. Bearing in mind the two engine options were a 75 bhp NA diesel or a rare 100bhp turbo diesel, it was making good progress. 

3 minutes ago, Susan D said:

Ooh, steady on now, can't be getting too ambitious, can we! :lol:

A Vauxhall Senator towing a Bailey Senator? 

Dodge Challenger pulling a Swift Challenger?

Ford Ranger and Bailey Ranger?

Jeep Compass and, well a Compass...