Rear camera in a Coachman VIP

Hi I have a vip coachman 545 2020 and was wondering if anybody has installed a rear camera to there van to replace not having a rear mirror ?

I fitted one to our son’s “ageing” Abbey a couple of years ago a project for a publication. It works well, although it’s only wired for reversing.

However, I’d be reluctant to fit one onto a caravan under warranty which would mean drilling holes in the bodywork. Any excuse and all that..........

1958 Morris Minor towing 2012 Hobby Landhaus

I've heard these wireless ones interfere with DAB radio.

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

Hi,

I have just fitted a falcon wireless rear view camera to a coachman acadia 460 without any problems.

I am using a tesco  hudl to view the camera. Not the best resolution but better than nothing. I did email coachman for some advice but did not receive a reply so went ahead and fitted camera. 

Regards 

Paul Johnson

• 3 weeks later...

Having  towed the van a few times i have to report that the signal is not consistant and disappears after 5 minutes and does not return . I have removed it and got a refund. I tried 2 different mobile phones and 2 different tablets, not fit for purpose in my opinion. 

I had a wireless rear view camera for about 10 mins , and returned it back straight away , useless .

I now have a hard wired camera , with a plug in coupler in the front box and temp wire to the 7in monitor sitting on the dash .

It is in operation all the time to augment towing mirrors . and for things like reversing on a pitch , or OH standing at the rear of caravan to confirm all lights work ,it is great  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have now fitted a wireless rear view  camera ,transmitter situated at the front of caravan under bed slat box and receiver in car boot. Perfect picture throughout a 2 hour drive with no loss of picture whatsoever.  The bonus for me is that i have linked receiver to my house cctv system.

13 minutes ago, Paul Johnson said:

Hi,

I have now fitted a wireless rear view  camera ,transmitter situated at the front of caravan under bed slat box and receiver in car boot. Perfect picture throughout a 2 hour drive with no loss of picture whatsoever.  The bonus for me is that i have linked receiver to my house cctv system.

Paul, I’m very interested in fitting a system along the same lines as you’re describing. Could you give details of the equipment you bought and where from, and how easy (or difficult!) it was to fit please? Oh, and some pics would be nice too 🙂.

John

HI,

Sorry that i did not get back to your post last night.  Footy took preferencelast night , come on England.!!!!!!!

To answer your question:

The camera kit was bought from Reversing cameras uk and cost me £251,thats for 60 degree camera,7inch mirror monitor, 2 extension cables, digital wire free transmitter and receiver. I fitted the camera on the roof and took a flat extension cable from the camera joint box through the roof light and then used a extension to the cupboard next to the exit door. From there i took a cable through the floor and connected to the transmitter under the bed box. The receiver was mounted in the boot and a cable fed to the mirror monitor which i am going fit into the dash facia.

I know that some people will say that they could have done the job for around £100 but i am a retired cctv engineer of 30 years experience and you get what you pay for. This system is virtually flicker free. It gives me much more confidence when towing as i can see what vehicles are behind me. Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Paul, I’ve only just spotted that you’d answered my questions  … so thanks very much for the reply.

That looks a very useful and interesting web-site, so I’ll peruse it in due course.

Cheers, John 🙂