Avondale Dart

Mrs A

we bought an avondale dart 510/5 in October

we have only been out in it once.

we wanted extra room for the grandkids and must say that the end bedroom makes a world of difference.

They can go up there during the day and draw etc on their own wee table - they think it's great .

Wish we could get going again - March can't come soon enough for me !

Welcome Mrs A,

I trust you'll soon be getting full use from your Dart.

ATB,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

We've recently ordered a 510 - due to get it at end of March.

We've trading in a folding camper, so for us it will be a new adventure - towing something twice the weight and somewhat bigger.

Can't wait to get started.

Neil

:)

I am sure Gordon will excuse me for saying this, but what better way to get the most out of your new Van than joining the owners club (see www. aaocc. org. uk)

£15 a year (refunded after your first rally in year 1), gives you somewhere to take your van where theres good company and a live and let live attitude. .....

I cant recomend it enough, and they don't even pay comission!!! :D

MikeC

[

Hiya

we have considered joining the club - only snag is we live in Scotland and most rallies are too far away for us to travel for a weekend.

Must say we have learned loads just reading all the advice on this site.

Thanks anyway

:):)

I am now approved and can now reply!

We bought a DArt 510/5 last year and have beeb out in it about 4 times. One time for 2 weeks in summer.

Absolutely fantastic!! We can't wait to get out again.

Bring on the slightly warmer and hopefully drier months. :D

Hiya again

i think we are all in the same boat - hooked on caravanning - I get all excited just reading the posts on here.

We only started touring last year in a wee two berth - we were away 9 times

Hope to go away even more this year !!!

:D:):)

• 2 weeks later...
hi we have just bought 510/5 dart cannot wait till it gets warmer to get out.

well done - hope you enjoy it - I'm sure you will. :):)

We are hoping to get away for a few days early March - weather permitting-

will this awful wind and rain ever go away? :(

I'm desperate to get it set up ready to go - have been buying a few new bits for it over the winter, cushions etc. (all bargains of course)

Let us all know how much you are enjoying yourselves later in the year - roll on !!!!

Weve had a 556/6 since July 04, our first van.

I must say we're all impressed - especially the rear bunks.

I even towed mine with a Megane diesel no problem.

Had a visit to dealers today - they have special editions at the moment, Shiredales? from Reads - Leeds & Burnley.

Wouldn't change it for anything at the mo. :D

• 3 weeks later...
we bought  an avondale dart 510/5 in October

we have only been out in it once.

we wanted extra room for the grandkids and must say that the end bedroom makes a world of difference.

They can go up there during the day and draw etc on their own wee table - they think it's great .

Wish we could get going again - March can't come soon enough for me !

517[/snapback]

Hi we just bought avondale dart 515/4 2002 model got it 2 days ago light circuit has blown been told its a fault on avondales of this also 2003and2004 anyone heard of this problem befor grateful for any replies :(:( year

:) Hello MrsA, Nice to see you joined us here as well. ;)

We have a Dart 510/5 Golden Mayfair millennium edition.

We love it. the table small back table is great for the kids, I agree. ... and the extra TV point in there comes in great at bedtime/early morning wake-ups. :D

We keep meaning to join the aaocc but forget. :rolleyes:

It looks a good club going by the website. ....will have to pull my finger out n join.

We didn't know there was a tv point in back, thanks for that . :)

I'm sure I'll be glad of it after a few days with my darling monster grandkids ! :D

As I said we only used the van once so we only took what we were needing for that short trip and never really got settled in as it was going into storage as soon as we got back.

This year we'll be away as often as we can - can't wait !

PS I think yours must be a posher model than ours - you seem to have quite a few extras. :(

Hi we just bought avondale dart 515/4 2002 model got it 2 days ago light circuit has blown been told its a fault on avondales of this also 2003and2004 anyone heard of this problem befor grateful for any replies :(  :(  year

10132[/snapback]

hi maggie i am new to the new forum but was on the old forum i have a dart 510/5 2004 bought it june 2004 two weeks before our annual holiday in devon so had no change to try it out before i set off first night put lights on blew the fuses replaced fuse 15 min later blown again it did not blow the fuse if i only had the front lights on only when i used the rear lights 43 fuses later on returning home returned to dealer who said they could not find a fault left it on over night blew the fuse the problem was the wirring to the back light replaced that not had a problem since love the van all the best richard628

• 3 weeks later...

Well - we have collected a new Dart 510 today, and as far as we can tell everything works. .. we will just wait and see!

(But looking forward to trying it out soon)

Neil

Hope your van is everything you wished for . .and more. :)

On Wed we went to clean our Van and set it up ready for going away - I was all excited and if we had taken clothes we would just have stayed the night.

I really enjoyed being back in it and can't wait to get away for a few days - if only the weather would improve .

Have a great summer ! :)