I have an elddis affinity 574 2016 and there’s a vent on the roof which I’m not sure what it’s for. It’s on the opposite side to the boiler and above the sink area. Anyone know?spacer.png

953CE3D7-1B4E-4B59-A15F-4BAB0BB3ACEE.jpeg

Edited by Scots Del

An obvious question I know - but what’s immediately below?  A microwave, a heater, a fridge ?

John

If it is just an extra hole in the ceiling then maybe it has been provided to achieve the ventilation requirements that caravans have to meet.

Could it be ventilation for the microwave, i have a crusader mistral and  it has two vents on the side, i see yours has only one vent on ths side.

Ventilation for the gas hobs?  Is it over them?

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

The vent appears to be for the central shower or toilet compartment. We had an Adria with a similar roof vent.

Ern

4 hours ago, Ern said:

The vent appears to be for the central shower or toilet compartment. We had an Adria with a similar roof vent.

I'd agree with you Ern-we have exactly the same vent above our shower cubicle.

The vent on the side of the van is almost certainly for the microwave seen in the photo below.

And the vent on the roof seems to coincide with whatever the item is that I’ve arrowed on the inner roof.

It looks to be some sort of air vent, but of a type I’ve never seen in a caravan before - and anyway it’s next a roof hatch.  Unless that’s some sort of light fitting in a very odd position!

12AF9D9F-F5DC-4524-BF13-762EADFFA0DA.thumb.jpeg.5ca534fdb02d5ab6d53ad0ff02bca04c.jpeg

John

I have seen similar on caravans with no immediate obvious connection to the inside, some are for the microwave, such as in some Hobby's, others are for an optional over sink / hob extractor fan whether fitted or not.

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

It is indeed above where the microwave is so that must be the vent for it. Shower is at the other end of van. Thanks all 

ScotsDel, could you tell us what the item is on the roof inside, as arrowed in my photo?

John

2 hours ago, Scots Del said:

Johnaldo that’s the sensor for the alarm

Ah! Okay, thanks.

John

We have an Elddis Avante 636 2015 and it also has that roof vent thing - I did wonder what it was for and yes, the microwave is the only obvious thing although why a microwave needs a roof vent.....!?