Last time we caravanned, over 20 years ago, we had our van for about 10 years and covered nearly 40000 Miles. We never ever saw anyone with an identical van to ours.

now we’ve started up again and done a couple of trips we still haven’t seen and identical model to ours even on the very busy motorways. 

off again later this week, wonder if we’ll spot a ‘twin’ this time???

Yes but if you keep painting them bright red you are not likeley to are you? :D

• Haha 1

Ern

My caravan is now in its 16th season and I have only seen one other of the same model. About 2 years ago I had its twin parked next to mine in storage for about 6 months. The CRiS number was about 15 different to mine, so both could have been built on the same day. I never met the owner.

John.

Edited by John19

We had a trip up to the lakes yesterday, many vans spotted on the trip up,  and back down again.

Of all the relatively new ones on the M6,  virtually all were Swift, and a  handful of Coachman.

I didn't see any Elddis derivatives at all.

how different is your's that you haven't seen another one?    We bought our latest van last year and saw another six months later from the same dealer as it was a dealer special on a campsite 200 miles from home, the only difference was that our's was a couple of months older, but same model

I've seen the odd old layout Avante 574 with rear washroom, but no recent ones like ours with the central washroom. Sprites on the other hand seem ten a penny at many sites, in fact there are two identical ones literally doors away from each other on my parents' street. 

Welcome, twenty years ago there were a lot more makes and models but even the yours must have been pretty rare not to see another. We have had a Trophy in our time and that was a rare make, but even then we did see a few like ours. We did find people making excuses to look in it just to see what they were like, often odd excuses for this.

We did have two caravans made to order with L shaped front lounges and never saw another like either, although we did hear of another like the second one on another now sadly lost forum.

Many moons ago we had a Perle Adonis followed by a Trophy Agilic.  Never spotted another then or since!  I expect they all found their way to NZ, the home of the obsolete UK caravan!

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Although my 'van is fairly rare I've come across 5 (in only 2 years!) identical models.

(Can't possibly resist this comment:) the only difference being that they had had only a small fraction of the faults I've had (LOL or is that a groan?).

Having said that it's been OK so far this year but spoilt the record by having grab-handle trim fall off on the way home Monday....dhoo! I only hope this is not a new trend.

3L auto Nissan Terrano, 2004 & Swift Elegance 530, 2018. As Leonardo da Vinci once said: 'If you find from your own experience that something is a fact & it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority & base your reasoning on your own findings' ie: use your common sense!

We got all excited when we saw another Sprite Quattro EW at the motorway services, it was the first time we'd seen another one.  We were a little disappointed that we couldn't get the space next to it for a photo opportunity 

Last year we went to have a nosey at a flat we used to live in (we moved 17 years previously). Just a drive round the neighbourhood to see what had changed. Next door had another Avante 574 in the driveway, only the older version with end washroom.

If one thinks about it, the UK caravan market is about 20000 per year. The two big makers, Bailey and Swift probably account for 2 thirds of that, leaving about 7000 between the three smaller UK brands and the importers. Each maker produces about 25 different models which stay unchanged for a maximum of three years. Some models and layouts are more popular than others, but simple maths would suggest that if Swift or Bailey make 7000 vans a year, spread over say 25 different models with a life of three years, thats about 800 of a particular model.Thats not accounting for all the dealer specials and optional upholstery etc. Probably not much chance at all of seeing one exactly the same as ones own. 

What actually happens when you meet someone with same van ??

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

1 hour ago, ivan leslie said:

Say snap? 🤪

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

22 hours ago, ivan leslie said:

I compare faults......don't tell me you're surprised. I always easily win on quantity!

3L auto Nissan Terrano, 2004 & Swift Elegance 530, 2018. As Leonardo da Vinci once said: 'If you find from your own experience that something is a fact & it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority & base your reasoning on your own findings' ie: use your common sense!

We had a ABI Jubilee Rallyman as a first van. 30 years ago and kept it for 10 years. Now we have a challenger 645 and expect to keep it a similar amount of time. Out with it now and still not seen a twin.