Good morning 

If the blown air heating system is fully primed and running as normal do you also have to keep the pump running if you plan to run the heating ? So basically just leave the heating set to a temp but with the pump turned off,whilst away from the van, would this be an issue or not 

Thanks Steve 

Edited by stephendutton63

By pump do you mean the water pump? Or do you mean the fan for air heating? 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

What pump are you talking about?

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

19 minutes ago, stephendutton63 said:

Yes the water pump sorry 

.... in a Truma Air Blown System :blink: .... ? 

GAS ...

"to be auld and wise you must first be young and daft "

There are two main heating systems in caravans either blown air OR a water and pump and radiator type (though only the bathroom may look like a rad) heating system-think you are confusing the two. No water in the blown air but the water tank for heated water may be linked or integrated-no need to fill it if you don't put hte hot water on but it should be filled via the ext pump if you do!

OK sorry for the confusion i have generated 

It is a blown air system which at the moment i have set to run from the sites electricity and set to come on at 10 degress C 

Now i am obviously not sure how this works ( apologies ) but i think i am gathering it does not need a water supply is this correct.

The reason for asking is i have turned the switch off which runs the water pump ( connected to aqua roll externally )  and I am concerned I may do some damage by doing this , should the temp drop below 10 degrees C

Reading jezzerb reply ( thank you ) I believe I am ok , could someone kindly confirm or deny this.

Again thank you all for trying to help.

Steve  

• Like 1

The blown air heating system definitely needs no water so leave the water pump off. 

• Like 1

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

OPs profile says Pegasus Brindisi. Didn't they use a Whale blown air system, later moving to a Truma Combi boiler.Not sure if the latter can provide heating without water. 

Yes the Truma can provide blown heating with no water in the tank.As long as you don't tell it to heat the water-from memory I think it then throws an error code.

Edited by Jezzerb

Just turning the water pump off wouldn't empty the tank in any case. 

It will only be empty if you've manually drained it down. 

With the pump switched off and no taps open, there's nowhere for the water to go, the pump only runs when you draw water from a tap.

Edited by bspks

Ssangyong Korando Sports SX / Adria Altea 472DS Eden

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, 

My name is Robbie, I'm 36 and new to caravanning. Normally an all season tenter and so used to the cold. However, now that I am

two days into caravanning (completely off grid with panels and invertor), in my gas fire only 2002 Bailey Discovery; I have started to think about investing in an alternative eco-friendly electric heat source for the bathroom and the main area. 

I have concluded that I have two options and I would really love some of your experienced advice. 

Option 1: two 10 kg wall-mounted electric convection heaters. 

Option 2: Underfloor heating (if possible as I don't have tiles and only the vinyl that came with the van and the fitted carpet). This is my preferred option as its low wattage and, if it is workable ideal. 

Option 3: a rug buddy? But is this enough to be the only source of heat in the winter? 

Option 4: buying a fan for my Truman space heater? 

Thank you so very much in advance. 

Happy caravanning!