Dometic tall fridge/freezer beeping

Good morning learned colleagues. Away at the moment and our 2015 Conqueror Dometic fridge has developed a fault. Out of the blue the red warning light is flashing and the fridge beeps 33 times. This repeats every so often, always 33 beeps. I understand this is the ‘door open ‘ alarm. The door shuts firmly and the light goes out fractionally before the door shuts. There is a two wire connection to the light and a simple on/off micro switch. I have cleaned both and sprayed with GT85. I’ve also tried disconnecting the plug to give a permanent door shut signal to any monitoring device. All to no avail. Tried running on gas, seems to be ok but our gas bottle is all but empty ☹. The fridge appears to be working still. I’ve heard that the early Command system😂 can interfere with the correct running of the fridge and it’s simply a matter of disconnecting. Obviously can’t get hold of Dometic at the moment but as my wife’s chemotherapy drugs are in the fridge and need to be kept cold it’s a bit urgent. I’m off to get gas in a mo but wondered if anyone has any advice to get it going on EHU again

The limited knowledge I have of beeping Dometic fridges is restricted to the cleaning of the contacts for the fridge light or 'door open' wires.

Sorry I can't help further, but hopefully i've kept this at the top of the thread for you, considering your wifes situation.

Thanks. Running fine on a full gas cylinder at the moment so urgency passed. 

My Eccles 480 has a Dometic 9336 fridge. I was given a reset procedure when my fridge seemed to get itself into a knot when I was testing it. It is;

1)  Switch the fridge off at its own panel, not the Command screen.

2) Also at the fridge panel, press and hold the power button until the fridge panel lights come on, the fridge light comes on, it beeps once and then switches off.

3) Switch on at the fridge panel.

In my case, which was to do with energy selection, it solved the problem that merely switching on and off didn't. It may help.

hawkaye :beardy:

Thanks Hawkaye 

it now seems our Command system is too primitive to control the caravan fridge. I tried your suggestion but unfortunately no change. 
It has been suggested if the voltage is a bit low on site that this may cause the problem. The site is absolutely rammed at the moment so that may be an issue. First time out I didn’t bring my multimeter......🙁

• Like 1

I have had this type of problem several times especially when on the continent. With heavy demand especially early morning as people wake up and water heaters, kettles and cookers etc are switched on and also at evening meal time the site voltage can drop too low and alarm sounds. I called it the Dawn Chorus as you can hear alarms going off all around. Can be worse if weather is getting colder and more people start to use heating as well. See if the fridge runs fine on electric through the night and only alarms at certain times when there is heavy site use. I used to flick mine onto gas for an hour or so until demand dropped or if I  was out for the day.

Thanks pfr

the alarm was going off all through last  night 🥱😴.

Ive emailed Dometic. 

We have had this before. Take a multimeter to the 240 supply. These fridges don't like voltage below about 200v.

Everything else works OK but the fridge bleeps as a warning. Mainly found on foreign sites but some UK sites where they are poorly wired too. The answer is as you have found, run on gas and move sites!

Thanks for all the responses. Looks like we’ve tried everything bar measuring the voltage at the EHU. Now running on gas for the fridge so chemo drugs all safe. We’re only here for another two nights then I’ll plug the van in once I get home. 

Resolved our problem this morning. Noticed that I had the ‘leisure battery-poor’ message on the Command screen. Thought that a bit odd as we have been on site for 4 days supposedly on charge. Checked the circuit breaker on the PSU and sure enough it had tripped. Reset it and now all well with the fridge. Hope there’ll be enough charge to reverse the caravan off the pitch this morning! Thanks for all the suggestions.

32 minutes ago, Tuningdrew said:

Resolved our problem this morning. Noticed that I had the ‘leisure battery-poor’ message on the Command screen. Thought that a bit odd as we have been on site for 4 days supposedly on charge. Checked the circuit breaker on the PSU and sure enough it had tripped. Reset it and now all well with the fridge. Hope there’ll be enough charge to reverse the caravan off the pitch this morning! Thanks for all the suggestions.

Good to hear it was a simple fix.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, pfr said:

Good to hear it was a simple fix.

Yes that is good news.
Our ‘tall’ Dometic fridge started to give what we took, from previous issues,  to be the door open beeping the day after our first night on site in 2017.

Numerous attempts to rectify this by us, the dealer and the service centre all failed so I contacted the Dometic engineer in January 2019.

I followed his instructions re testing and he diagnosed a failure of the light fitting, it has a sensor built in, and said he would order a replacement.

I contacted him again this January and he said he would look into it and the part was eventually  fitted in March this year!