Colapz waste pipe

Jml

We have just purchased the Colapz waste pipe and used it on a service pitch. When reducing length to pack away we noticed a small split in one of the segments. Although I will be contacting Colapz, has anyone any experience of this happening to them?

Not noticed any splits in ours Jml but have only used them on a couple of setups yet.

I did wonder how long it would take for them to fatigue crack though with repeat opening and closing them.

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back Bessacarr 845

I have been using colapz for a while, also the colapz connection set up (better than the hard pipe versions). I thought that over time it will split,  either by over stressing it when you extend, not saying that's what's happened, but it is corrugated plastic tubing? Seen it happen loads, been in engineering some 48 years. It is what it is corrugated pipe?

Just love our cheap as chips push fit plumbing 32mm bends, connectors and a set of 32mm white rigid pipe bought from Toolstation-max spend of around a tenner inc pipe clips glued to tent pegs to provide a falling support network!

How did you connect the caravan’s 28mm outlets to the 32mm pipe?   Looking to do something similar and would rather use 32mm pipes, but can’t seem to find a suitable connector.

I connect my 32mm push fit with a small piece of standard grey 28.5mm  convoluted waste which has an outside diameter of 32mm.

Edited by ReggiePerrin

Colapz as well as many other compnies are using Chinese companies.  Cheap and cheerful. 
Look on Wish .com and you'll find everything Colapz offer cheaper, but with  a longer timeframe

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

Best to change the whole waste system below the floor to 32mm pushfit rigid  waste. Cheap, better flow and easy to hook up to 32mm exterior waste.

Very easy to then make a full 32mm system. The single outlet has a 32mm cap fitted when not in use to keep out uninvited guests.

As for a system for a serviced pitch, I cut up some 40mm pond hose into multiple 1.5m lengths with a 32mm socket at one end and a spigot at the other. I just connect as many together as I need with the section seen in the picture below fitted to the end going into the drain.

Benefits are:

Only use as many lengths as needed.

Very flexible for easy routing.

Smooth large bore hose - the reinforcing is on the outside. No crevices to catch gunk. Keeping a constant fall is not necessary for it to work well.

Store as a series of closed loops in the front locker (no smell, etc). All we do before leaving is flush a sink full of water + bleach before taking apart.

Simples.

c03.jpg

16 hours ago, PhilC said:

How did you connect the caravan’s 28mm outlets to the 32mm pipe?   Looking to do something similar and would rather use 32mm pipes, but can’t seem to find a suitable connector.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Port-Caravan-waste-water-outlet-hose-pipe-adapter-use-wastemaster-hog-/251301896588

The 32 mm pipe fits in to the other single end nicely.

I use a std caravan flexi bit-pushed into a 32mm bend and connector; 

16 hours ago, PhilC said:

7 hours ago, Jezzerb said:

I use a std caravan flexi bit-pushed into a 32mm bend and connector; 

Excellent thanks.

23 hours ago, ReggiePerrin said:

I connect my 32mm push fit with a small piece of standard grey 28.5mm  convoluted waste which has an outside diameter of 32mm.

That is what I was hoping would work.   Now to get some 32mm pipe and try it 😄