We currently have a vip 575, our second coachman and out first brand new van, in the last 12 months it has suffered a myriad of problems from poor build and failed parts and now topped off with damp. Our previous van was older and didn't suffer any of this. I have noticed various threads around the forum on different subjects but have mentioned 2019 vans. Is this a particularly bad year or do coachman not bother with quality control anymore? Very sad to see a company that portrays itself as better than the rest to take a large chunk of my hard earned and expect us to see it as acceptable!

That's regrettable.

What problems have you had?

Failed awning light, interior spot light,wardrobe door lock,shower door frame curved, all exterior lights Failed, toilet flush and water pump Failed, squeeling brakes, pump fuses blowing, and 50percent damp around wheel arch. Away at the moment and now have partial Failed service light , all the wall paper strips are peeling off and pin holes in the roof blind, apart from that,  all ok?

10 minutes ago, Picard57 said:

Failed awning light, interior spot light,wardrobe door lock,shower door frame curved, all exterior lights Failed, toilet flush and water pump Failed, squeeling brakes, pump fuses blowing, and 50percent damp around wheel arch. Away at the moment and now have partial Failed service light , all the wall paper strips are peeling off and pin holes in the roof blind, apart from that,  all ok?

Join the club Picard57, here is a list of faults we have had with our 2018 VIP 575:

The following have been fixed:

Back corner steady very stiff 

Screw end through fridge enclosure

Cutlery drawer / fridge front not level

Bathroom sink waste leaks

Shower goes very hot to very cold

Toilet tank coming away from wall

Plastic shavings coming from front windows

Bottom pan draw keeps opening when travelling

Fridge casing coming away 

Front sun roof blind damaged 

Bathroom door handle fell out 

Bed grab handle fell off 

Bathroom door bowed 

Back right gas burner poor 

Front sunroof blind damaged

ATC brake problem

The following have not been fixed:

Paint coming off oven edge and showing rust

A frame cover fixings snapped

Door flyscreen magnet loose and stops screen fully closing

Coachman VIP 575. Mercedes ML 250 auto, One wife, three kids, five Grandkids.

What is worrying is that your list of faults apart from the plastic shavings is completely different from mine, a common fault is one thing but this suggests that the build methods are a shambles. It bothers me that we bought our vans for their many "quality " features,  not for the best feature which is the warranty because you will use it more than any other!

We also had an extensive list of faults on our previous 2105 VIP. I have to say I have not been overly impressed with the service from my dealers either. I sent them the list with the new bits that have a problem on Monday by email and I haven't heard anything back as yet.

Coachman VIP 575. Mercedes ML 250 auto, One wife, three kids, five Grandkids.