Micro Heki S cleaning query.

The skylight in my bathroom roof is a Heki Micro S, and the folds of the screens have been filled with bits of leaves, seeds etc that have blown in. I cant get them out of the folds, and was wondering if its an easy job to 'prise' off the lower part of the housing which holds the screens in place. 

The Dometic installation and maintenance instructions are no help at all.

Thanks

Hi Lockin.

Thanks for the link, but sadly the information on the instructions doesn't answer my question.

I am hoping that the removal of the lower part of the Heki is a straight reversal of the fitting which would give me access to clean out the rubbish, but I dont want to force it in case I break it.

McS

51 minutes ago, Mcsimmo said:

Hi Lockin.

Thanks for the link, but sadly the information on the instructions doesn't answer my question.

I am hoping that the removal of the lower part of the Heki is a straight reversal of the fitting which would give me access to clean out the rubbish, but I dont want to force it in case I break it.

McS

Looking at Lockin's link, diagrams 10, 11, 12 it looks like the screen and surround has 12 x sprung  barbed clips fitted to the surround and when the surround is pushed up into the window housing the ' barbs ' dig into the plastic to keep it in place, so the only way to remove it appears to carefully pull the the surround down without damaging the plastic  surround  or the ceiling covering, hard to say from the diagram if working on one side first is best, or gradually working your way around, I guess a bit of wriggling and nail biting will be in order.

Another possible way would be to carefully use a vac cleaner hose through the open window if possible, taking care nut to get the hose too close to the material and having an assistant gently tapping the material from inside the van to disturb all the bits.

The clips are a daft idea on an item that may need to be removed occasionally for maintenance when 4 x screws would have made the job simple.

Good luck.

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes: