Paul&Helena

2018 swift windows cracking/splitting

Hello all. We own a 2018 swift 580 SE caravan. I pamper this van in every way I can. At the beginning of lockdown April 2020 i treated her to a two day full valet/detailng as had plenty of time to on my hands. After she was done she looked beautiful probably better than she looked new.  We are now finally  about to use her again for the first time this year so last weekend spruced her up again with a quick wash and dry off. This is when I noticed two of the offside windows have cracked both from the top and in the centre of the windows  coming straight down. Has anyone else had this rather strange issue  Regards Paul

Have you left it parked in the sun with the blinds fully closed?

Hello Tuningdrew our van is kept at home in hot weather conditions we always open skylights and open side window blinds around quarter open  to allow air flow however we don't open blinds fully incase sun bleachs / fades interior fabrics regards Paul 

Ok, that answers my question regarding overheating the windows. Can’t be any more help I’m afraid other than maybe an attempt at forced entry?

I would not worry about leaving the blinds up we have not done that for years and we have never had a problem with the furnishings fading. If the caravan is empty it it shows this and can help prevent break ins. I would put in a guarantee claim although Swift will normally tell you it is faulty washing, but insist that nothing that could damage it has been used and threaten to sue.

We had a 2002 Sterling Eccles Jewel from new which didn’t have curtains, it had net curtains instead. Fearful of damaging the blinds if leaving them down we left them up & after five years the upholstery had faded really badly. Since then we have had caravans with proper curtains which we pull across preventing sun light damage. I do pull the blinds across on the roof lights and panoramic window but only 3/4 of the way to try and prevent heat build up behind.

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

On 18/08/2020 at 12:13, Paul&Helena said:

Hello all. We own a 2018 swift 580 SE caravan. I pamper this van in every way I can. At the beginning of lockdown April 2020 i treated her to a two day full valet/detailng as had plenty of time to on my hands. After she was done she looked beautiful probably better than she looked new.  We are now finally  about to use her again for the first time this year so last weekend spruced her up again with a quick wash and dry off. This is when I noticed two of the offside windows have cracked both from the top and in the centre of the windows  coming straight down. Has anyone else had this rather strange issue  Regards Paul

Hi Paul we’ve just had this happen to us we’re away on holiday in Devon, sat watching tv and heard a funny noise , that night we had heavy rain to find in the morning the blind sagging and water had run all along and drenched the seats , now I know what the strange noise was that evening before the window cracking inside and out and really parted !! 

A74690E4-7B33-4FC8-9345-5AD01EBB826E.jpeg