Motorway Services M5 Southbound

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I can't see anything recently. We're travelling to Cornwall later this week and want to make an overnight stop on the M5. Can anyone recommend a service area on the M5 that has caravan parking separate from the HGV parking? Gloucester is superb and would be perfect, but we really want to get more miles covered before stopping.

Hi Jonnny.

Why not try the CMC cl site just off the Almondsbury interchange.

6 pitches.

Its £15 a night with electric hook up,water tap,waste but no toilets or showers.

Obviously,you would have to book first.

• Thanks 1

We travelled down to Cornwall from northwest and used the cl at Bristol caravans it’s an excellent stopover  and very helpful owners

1 mile from M5 and £15 

http://bristolcaravans.com/

Edited by Ashey
  • Thanks 1

We stayed at Tewesbury Caravan Club site on our way down the M5 to Devon. Very easy site to get to from the M5 and it's right in the middle of Tewkesbury, so you can unhitch and walk to the pubs within minutes.

Tewkesbury itself is a bit of a dump, and the site is nothing special, but perfect for a one night stopover.

Edited by Guest

Taunton Deane is a good one!

• Thanks 1

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Usefull but slightly off topic. On your way south on the M5, call into Asda Patchway at juction 17 to fill your fuel tank. A whole lot cheaper than motorway prices.

• Thanks 1

'I know' is just 'I Believe' with delusions of grandeur

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV 4H

Unicorn 4 Cadiz

Thanks, everyone, for your comments. We may in future think about taking a longer overnight stop at a club site or CL, but tomorrow night, I think it will be a quick stopover at Taunton Deane. :)