The result of the Staycation?

7 minutes ago, Grandpa Steve said:

Based on this and the previous post Signature has been removed from the forum.

Should be removed from the populace as well IMHO! People with that attitude will be the death of elderly people like me. 

• I agree completely 2

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

It is obvious that most of the world's governments are in a conspiracy to restrict Signature and his fellow believers' freedom.

• Haha 1
  • I agree completely 3
15 hours ago, BOAC said:

Time to go Adults only, caravans and MH only and restrict the amount of vans and put your prices up?

Good luck

Adults only --have you never  seen/heard the wine party in the awning at 1a,m . Someone in the group tells a "funny" (to them)&the units all around suffer the laughter......

• I do not understand 1
  • Sad 1
  • I agree completely 1

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

1 hour ago, david 1220 said:

Adults only --have you never  seen/heard the wine party in the awning at 1a,m . Someone in the group tells a "funny" (to them)&the units all around suffer the laughter......

True, but the site regulations should cover that eventuality especially if the owner has a Rottweiler :D

• Haha 1

I should hope that any campsite has something in place in case any camper starts any trouble.   Never mind what the rate of pay is, there has to be some control.   I may have been lucky or perhaps I have a live and let live attitude , but I can't think of any site where noise has been a real bother, thank goodness.  Of course I've heard people laughing and talking after I have gone to bed , but it's never lasted for too long, though 4am would be too much, couldn't the owners of the site evicted the trouble makers?

3 hours ago, DACS said:

It is obvious that most of the world's governments are in a conspiracy to restrict Signature and his fellow believers' freedom.

"They walk amongst us", ......... :D

GAS ...

"to be auld and wise you must first be young and daft "

Great, another who knows all the answers but really does not know half of the questions! Hope he is never a neighbour of mine!

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 1
6 hours ago, BOAC said:

True, but the site regulations should cover that eventuality especially if the owner has a Rottweiler :D

Ah !--but B.O.A.C,--even you can't be everywhere....☺☺☺

• Haha 2

On 18/08/2020 at 15:02, BOAC said:

We  attended  T.H.S. in North Wales  awhile back. Quite a few units on site .Sat night in the distance we could hear voices, laughter etc as we got ready for bed.

Next morning at the water tap a meeting was taking place relating to the noise (till the small hours) from the awning of a certain caravan. One sugestion was to get the stewards involved. Back came the reply----it WAS the stewards making the noise.............

There has to be some sensibility about the whole thing. We are basically sharing a field with other people who we dont know. Some people want silence from 9.0 pm and are completely intollerant of others who they think should not be allowed to enjoy themselves. The same moaning people may be those who are intollerant of everything which sounds like people enjoying themselves - kids, dogs, flags, BBQ's etc.  Are these the same people who rattle their Wastemasters round the site at 7.0 am and have their TV on in the evening with the volume blazing?  I dont like Coronation Street but I dont complain about the neighbours watching it in the awning.  A bit of merryment in the evening is the sound of someone enjoying life.  I say up to about 11 pm or so is no problem. Some of the moaners should try it! 

Edited by Ern
  • I agree completely 1

Ern

On 18/08/2020 at 12:07, Grandpa Steve said:

Based on this and the previous post Signature has been removed from the forum.

I totally, 100%+ disagree with Signature's views and post but I thought this forum was for debate.

• I disagree 3
  • I agree completely 1

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

15 minutes ago, LongTimeCaravaner said:

I totally, 100%+ disagree with Signature's views and post but I thought this forum was for debate.

It is but not for unsolicited political rants, and his limited number of posts are not conducive to the best interests of the forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • I agree completely 6

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

I've heard quite a but of "we've HAD to JUST go away in this country this year" which is annoying as I happily choose to holiday in this country as my first choice and now have to stay away as its safe to do so and its being ruined by people that wouldn't normally choose to go there! 

• I agree completely 4
On 21/08/2020 at 08:16, LongTimeCaravaner said:

Sensible debates go both ways, folk agree, disagree, beg to differ, respecting and learning from others views ......................... and then we have the meaningless rants which, reading between the lines, some posters use just to try to wind up other posters up and disrupt threads.

There are many such sad folk, who also appear to have a chip on their shoulder, scattered around all forums, oddly enough they rarely last long. 😉

Edited by Silversurf

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

On 21/08/2020 at 08:16, LongTimeCaravaner said:

Did you actually read what Signature posted? (especially the second post). Nothing much to be debated, just his/her opinions on Covid and their rants about Muslims and how we are all indoctrinated by our "etonian elitist masters". As I've said, nothing for debate, either by him/her or the rest of us.

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

1 hour ago, Townie said:

Did you actually read what Signature posted? (especially the second post). Nothing much to be debated, just his/her opinions on Covid and their rants about Muslims and how we are all indoctrinated by our "etonian elitist masters". As I've said, nothing for debate, either by him/her or the rest of us.

.....  plus he used the f word no that I'm the CT  informer..... 😄:ph34r:......

"to be auld and wise you must first be young and daft "

2 hours ago, Townie said:

Yes, I did read it and that is how I knew that I totally disagreed with it. I can appreciate what GAS says about it being political and of course I did not know that he used the f word in it, but to me he was expressing somewhat forcibly a different point of view to the majority's [including me] opinion on here.

Edited by LongTimeCaravaner
  • I disagree 1

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

Getting back on track the result of the staycation for us has been the reminder of how DULL and utterly uninspiring a rainy break in this country can be, great to live in but not holiday.

12 minutes ago, compact said:

Getting back on track the result of the staycation for us has been the reminder of how DULL and utterly uninspiring a rainy break in this country can be, great to live in but not holiday.

I know what you mean, but I actually enjoy being in the caravan when its raining, and even sitting out in the awning. After a couple of days though, you do pray for some dry weather.

2 hours ago, LeadFarmer said:

I know what you mean, but I actually enjoy being in the caravan when its raining, and even sitting out in the awning. After a couple of days though, you do pray for some dry weather.

I do enjoy a really good Pyrenean thunderstorm, from the safety of our caravan!

• I agree completely 2