The result of the Staycation?

118117345_3349110688445577_8172221320016338844_n.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

You have my sympathies. Over-run by the brainless causing you loss of income and all that goes with that. In your position I would open again as Adult only and no tents.  Tough on the real campers but you too have to make a living. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • I agree completely 1

OH saw this last night on another forum. The brainless, mindless, selfish few spoiling it for the considerate others. 

Feel really sorry for the site owners and agree with Manty about AO site options

Hope the owners have names, car reg numbers etc and passes them around to other camp sites and lists them on some form of undesirables database.....

Edited by Jacko1
  • Like 1
  • I agree completely 2

2018 Volvo XC60  D4 AWD + Penshurst Premier Plus (AKA Elddis Affinity 550)

Is it really that much different this year? For as long as I can remember, folks have been leaving their broken/redundant camping gear behind. It annoys me, as surely if you brought it, you've room to take it back with you. As for noise, I suppose some people might feel let off the lead a bit more this summer after a spring of restrictions. We had our first outing in the van since the winter, the weekend before last and everyone seemed very well behaved. Did see a few camping chairs left by the bins despite being given an information leaflet telling us not to. 

when on site a couple of years ago, I watched a young man pick up a couple of chairs by the bins and set about mending them.  

On a campsite in Dorset (no longer exists by the looks of it), one disrespectful group thought they could get away with playing loud music till gone 1 in the morning. All polite requests to turn it down were ignored, including that of the site owner.

Eventually a lynch mob of angry guests forced the situation,

Neither was what i expected on a quiet, small, family site.

You're always going to get knuckle draggers, i just pray they never stay too close to me.

• Like 1

Lunar Solaris 524

Time to go Adults only, caravans and MH only and restrict the amount of vans and put your prices up?

Good luck

I must say i agree with most if not all of the others on here it is a very sad day when you have to close a site even for a short time due to the mindless idiots who have no respect for other people ,this pandemic is a killer and the sooner these stupid people realise that and start behaving sensibly and obeying the law the better.I dont know about adults only (18 plus) maybe it should be 50 plus? .

take care and stay safe Martin

• I agree completely 1
14 hours ago, joanie said:

when on site a couple of years ago, I watched a young man pick up a couple of chairs by the bins and set about mending them.  

In  a couple of weeks we will be on a caravan club rally on a commercial site.

The area we pitch in is almost all ralliers and every year the bin/recycling area is, at times, overflowing with discarded equipment as people appear to be having an end of season clear out.

It will be interesting to see if Covid has any effect on the sites attitude this year as many items are left outside of the bins and need to be handled. 

It is, however, also commonplace to see items being 'retrieved' ,one assumes to be given a second life.

Some years ago I retrieved a discarded Fiamma step which I knew would be ideal for our MH buddies, as they have a quite high vehicle step, and it did many years service.

19 hours ago, Jacko1 said:

OH saw this last night on another forum. The brainless, mindless, selfish few spoiling it for the considerate others. 

Feel really sorry for the site owners and agree with Manty about AO site options

Hope the owners have names, car reg numbers etc and passes them around to other camp sites and lists them on some form of undesirables database.....

I think that you would have to be very careful doing that. Some bright spark could start legal action!

Alan

11 hours ago, AlanNancy said:

I think that you would have to be very careful doing that. Some bright spark could start legal action!

Alan

You could be right Alan, but when anti social behaviour, inconsiderate, not complying to the rules there would probably be a good case especially at the moment. If the campsite industry is anything like my industry its all very incestious and news of problems spreads very fast even if its just word of mouth. Something needs to be done to stop these brainless twits driving small business's to close their doors and potentially out of business. Forget our enjoyment as conscientious camp site users the preservation of any business is paramount just to support those that have invested time or money, without them we are stuffed.

So my opinion, name & shame....

2018 Volvo XC60  D4 AWD + Penshurst Premier Plus (AKA Elddis Affinity 550)

7 minutes ago, Allan Guest said:

In  a couple of weeks we will be on a caravan club rally on a commercial site.

The area we pitch in is almost all ralliers and every year the bin/recycling area is, at times, overflowing with discarded equipment as people appear to be having an end of season clear out.

A couple of years ago we were on a French commercial site at the end of season weekend in August.

They had a huge bay set aside for unwanted items. All the usual chairs with three legs etc, but also fridges and big stuff too!

A lot of it looked perfectly servicable but maybe the owners only used them for one season then dumped them to avoid winter storage?

Deposits and supervision!

Demand a deposit like hiring a car, inspect the pitch upon completion. Refuse to refund deposits to the rule breakers. Demand contact details for tracking and include a requirement for permission to use the data for seriously bad behaviour. "You want to come to our site? You agree to these rules or else"  These measures would not trouble me at all.

Is this the site at Borrowdale? They have announced theyre opening 4th September. Look on Campsites UK.

Edited by Ern
  • Like 1
  • I agree completely 2

Ern

Some years ago, my son wanted to go on a surfing holiday with his mates.

All lads, 17 and 18 years old.

They had difficulty in finding a camp site that would take such a party,  but they did get on a site that was very handy for the beach, with the proviso that if there was any nuisance, they would be ejected.

They have been going back to the same site almost every year since! He's now 28!

Where is the Warden during all this unrest and misbehaving ? 

I have stayed on two very large  holiday sites in the past Parkdean type in Dorset and Cornwall. Your worst nightmare for some.

Wee GAS  being 7 loved it , plenty for the wee man to do making friends and a smashing local area . 

On arrival at Sandford, first night a drunken rabble started fighting late night.  Security and local Police evicted them Immediately  ! 

Went to another same type of Site nr Looe , MH turns up solo male occupied, next day Warden caught him videoing the kids playing. Immediately removed and reported to the Police. Same Warden gave a Yellow Card to a family who thought it was a good idea to leave a barking dog all day in the van.

He received a bottle of red from us when we left for keeping a lid on things as I do regularly if I have been looked after by the Warden. Turned out he was retired Cop.....

Maybe its time we had more robust Sgt Major type  Wardens 🧐 which we have maybe moaned about. I know I have in my junior caravan days.

The Site I was on recently was well run with the two Wardens being visible and vigilant in a nice way but policing at the same time...... No issues and a peaceful stay......

"to be auld and wise you must first be young and daft "

8 minutes ago, GAS said:

Where is the Warden during all this unrest and misbehaving ? 

Have a look at the web site of the campsite mentioned. if its the one at Borrowdale, I think it would be difficult to police.

Ern

9 minutes ago, GAS said:

Turned out he was retired Cop.....

Maybe its time we had more robust Sgt Major type  Wardens 🧐 which we have maybe moaned about. I know I have in my junior caravan days.

I think the CC have moved away from seeing ex police as good wardens. But at least ex police officers are used to dealing with confrontation and wouldn't automatically shy away from it.

I don't actually expect wardens to get involved in rowdy behaviour of caravaners as I don't see it as part of their job, not on minimum wage. I would expect them to perhaps have an initial word with them, but nothing further and to then submit a report to the club. Though the club wouldn't do anything about it. I really don't see what a warden can effectively do about it.

11 hours ago, guinness said:

this pandemic is a killer.

take care and stay safe Martin

It isn't really, actually millions of UK people haven't been affected only tiny percentage who were ill recovered and say it wasnt all that bad just a case of the flu. I'd me willing to sign a disclaimer on arrival and just enjoy without pointless restrictions for example being given silly patronizing rubber bands to take to shower block like that makes any damn difference?

• I do not understand 1
  • Sad 2
  • I disagree 6
  • I agree completely 1
1 hour ago, Ern said:

Have a look at the web site of the campsite mentioned. if its the one at Borrowdale, I think it would be difficult to police.

https://www.itv.com/news/border/2020-08-17/littering-campers-forces-borrowdale-campsite-to-close

9 minutes ago, jetA1 said:

Yes thats the one. the point I made is that it would be impossible to control people deliberately misbehaving and leaving litter. If they are up all night boozing you are not going to stop them by shouting at them.

Ern

1 hour ago, Grandpa Steve said:

It is the attitudes of people like you that will ensure the pandemic goes on and more people will be put at risk, try telling the family and friends that have lost someone to COVID19 that it isn't a big deal.

What exactly would you be permitting yourself to do by signing a disclaimer, the issue is more about you not spreading it to others than others spreading it to you, the mask reduces the risk of you passing it on, it doesn't stop you from catching i it from others.

Gsteve I tested as negative so no threat to anyone but just say I wasn't I'd have to be making love to you inorder for you to catch it and thats the truth.

This insane manufactured hysteria will be going on for a very very long time despite any ones individual opinions or attitudes that is because this draconian elitist government will continue to use it controlling and conditioning the masses to be completely sub serviant and not to ask critical questions.

Tell me how many people do you know who've died recently and what were the causes? Honestly. I don't know a single soul but do know of those died from Sepsis caught in an NHS hospital(oh the irony) plus a lady I knew who died of cervical cancer, her family fought fiercely for her to continue receive treatment as her appointments were being put off because they heartlessly saw her as a lost cause(good old caring nhs yeah like fk it is)

My opinion is this is all bs and relentless fear mongering, but it would seem there are exceptions; reason I say that during working at Whitechapel through last march when mass gatherings were supposed to be banned I discovered the local mosques still open for friday prayers as was the large muslim funerals! There you go Gsteve what'd make of that then? Listen to me if this thing was as virulent as they'd have you and the other gullibles believe I'd be dead by now, but thats ok don't believe me I couldn't care less just carry on being indictrinated by msm and your etonian elitist masters.

Edited by Signature
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, Signature said:

Gsteve I tested as negative so no threat to anyone but just say I wasn't I'd have to be making love to you inorder for you to catch it and thats the truth.

This insane manufactured hysteria will be going on for a very very long time despite any ones individual opinions or attitudes that is because this draconian elitist government will continue to use it controlling and conditioning the masses to be completely sub serviant and not to ask critical questions.

Tell me how many people do you know who've died recently and what were the causes? Honestly. I don't know a single soul but do know of those died from Sepsis caught in an NHS hospital(oh the irony) plus a lady I knew who died of cervical cancer, her family fought fiercely for her to continue receive treatment as her appointments were being put off because they heartlessly saw her as a lost cause(good old caring nhs yeah like fk it is)

My opinion is this is all bs and relentless fear mongering, but it would seem there are exceptions; reason I say that during working at Whitechapel through last march when mass gatherings were supposed to be banned I discovered the local mosques still open for friday prayers as was the large muslim funerals! There you go Gsteve what'd make of that then? Listen to me if this thing was as virulent as they'd have you and the other gullibles believe I'd be dead by now, but thats ok don't believe me I couldn't care less just carry on being indictrinated by msm and your etonian elitist masters.

Based on this and the previous post Signature has been removed from the forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1
  • I disagree 3
  • I agree completely 1

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"