Kids out at 10pm screaming and yelling

On 15/08/2020 at 12:34, reluctant said:

I might be out of touch, but 10.00pm for the site to go into 'quiet' mode seems reasonable to me. The kids are on holiday too and unless the parents were telling them to go make a noise away from their own van, I wouldn't stress over it.

As has been commented, there are alternatives if you prefer silence to children playing.

I think 10pm is reasonable too, not because our kids will be out that late but because that's normally the point when I have to try and get the wife to switch to her 'inside voice'! 

• Like 1
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a parent to two kids, I’m surprised that people are complaining about noise during the school summer holidays?   Either some people: - haven’t had kids or forgotten how noisy they were as

I might be out of touch, but 10.00pm for the site to go into 'quiet' mode seems reasonable to me. The kids are on holiday too and unless the parents were telling them to go make a noise away from thei

It’s either a comment on the lack of tolerance by the elder generation. Or a comment on the feral behaviour of some children with disinterested so called parents.  I could not possibly comment,  as at

Posted Images

On 20/09/2020 at 15:17, KnausCol said:

I think the flags 'thing' originated at big rallies. In a large field with possibly hundreds of units, a flag helps one locate your own rig. It's never been my thing but I quite like some of the more kite like items can can be quite visually pleasing in a breeze. Not sure why the need to use them on ordinary sites though but it doesn't bother me. Each to their own.

Spot on.

We have a "kite like item" on a pole, used to be 'camp cow' and is now 'pigs might fly'. As we tend to tour a lot in summer months it's a great way for our kids to orientate themselves . Not that we let the wander far when too young to do so, but they can get disoriented pretty quick with the excitement of a new new site and the layouts blur into each other if we've been to a few in quick succession. 

Plus, why do folk put decorative items in their gardens at home.... they find them nice to look at and are a demonstration of their personality. 

I personally find it interesting to see different personalities when touring, be it 'arrive and enjoy' types, flags and flashing lights people, the simple life folk, like it just so generation or the all the gear no idea newbies.... I love sites with a mix, love talking to different folk and enjoying see people represent who they are how they want rot be seen. As long as they are not being offensive anything goes for me.

• Like 2