Kids out at 10pm screaming and yelling

At a site near Sutton on Sea; kids out till 10pm running round vans with torches screaming and yelling while the parents all sat outside drinking-didn't dare say anything due to the demon drink but honestly-personally 9pm would have been 'in time' for me and me as a parent too-if not earlier-not sure how the near neighbours felt but it really does put me off sites that allow children-am I getting old and grumpy!?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a parent to two kids, I’m surprised that people are complaining about noise during the school summer holidays?   Either some people: - haven’t had kids or forgotten how noisy they were as

I might be out of touch, but 10.00pm for the site to go into 'quiet' mode seems reasonable to me. The kids are on holiday too and unless the parents were telling them to go make a noise away from thei

It’s either a comment on the lack of tolerance by the elder generation. Or a comment on the feral behaviour of some children with disinterested so called parents.  I could not possibly comment,  as at

Posted Images

It’s either a comment on the lack of tolerance by the elder generation. Or a comment on the feral behaviour of some children with disinterested so called parents.  I could not possibly comment,  as at that age if I had behaved in a way that upset my parents or their neighbours I would have not been able to sit down for a week.  Children are not born with a rule book in their head they need teaching respect for others. 

We to tick the adults only where possible as in my experience recently such teaching is sorely lacking in far to many instances. Our Grand Kids I’m thankful to say we’re disciplined and boy does it show. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • I agree completely 4

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)

I might be out of touch, but 10.00pm for the site to go into 'quiet' mode seems reasonable to me. The kids are on holiday too and unless the parents were telling them to go make a noise away from their own van, I wouldn't stress over it.

As has been commented, there are alternatives if you prefer silence to children playing.

• Like 2
  • I disagree 6
  • I agree completely 3

Trevor.

23 minutes ago, Alan Stanley said:

It’s either a comment on the lack of tolerance by the elder generation. Or a comment on the feral behaviour of some children with disinterested so called parents.  I could not possibly comment,  as at that age if I had behaved in a way that upset my parents or their neighbours I would have not been able to sit down for a week.  Children are not born with a rule book in their head they need teaching respect for others. 

We to tick the adults only where possible as in my experience recently such teaching is sorely lacking in far to many instances. Our Grand Kids I’m thankful to say we’re disciplined and boy does it show. 

Could not agree more! 

Loving this forum already! lol

• Like 2

Save all your holidays for when the schools go back, should be cheaper and not as many children around, just noisy adults on the pop. I think quiet time on C&CC sites is between 11pm and 7am so maybe you need to avoid them.

If you're on Commercial sites it probably goes with the territory, can't say I've really had a major problem on caravan and motorhome Club sites I do however avoid the Club sites where they have entertainment and swimming pools

We are on a 5 star site at the moment , quiet time is 10pm TIL 9am , it’s lovely , our pitch is full service £25 per night  , spotless toilets & showers .

its adults only !

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.

the OP is not asking for an alternative site or adult site ,  he's on about  rowdy  kids and their alcoholic parents, about  lack of discipline.    I  wonder if you are an early riser, oh the things you could do, but no that's childish, I believe bread  on the roof of their van for the birds, no that's not nice,  perhaps an adult site would be better:D

27 minutes ago, stevew1 said:

We are on a 5 star site at the moment , quiet time is 10pm TIL 9am , it’s lovely , our pitch is full service £25 per night  , spotless toilets & showers .

its adults only !

care to tell where, which one?

• Like 1

Is this on the Sutton on Sea CC site?

When i went there last month, whenever any kids were out playing during the day i could hear some of the other guests tutting and complaining about them! One of those couples were happy to complain about children but were equally happy to leave their dirty shoes on my pitch rather than on their own, weren't best pleased when i returned from a day out and reversed over them :lol:

As above, i wouldn't expect there to be noise on a CC site after around 10:30 / 11pm. For a commercial site, i pretty much expect it to be noisy till gone midnight (drunk guests, kids playing, 50" TV's in awnings etc)

• Haha 2

Lunar Solaris 524

If going away anywhere during term time, we didn't mind where we sent, but if kids off school, then its adults only.  Been this way for quite a few years. 

Ok so this is the CAMHC and we're on the adult  only site next door as we couldn't get in -was fully booked-but of course we are so close as to be reaping the benefits! I love hearing children playing and bombing round during the day time; just feel 10pm is a bit late-9 late enough for me for a rest although all is quiet at the mo!

We are very early risers and the bread on the van roof is a superb idea-plenty of pigeonsround here may be a great idea-if we were on site we'd make a lot of noise at around 6.30am!!!! but somehow then are you lowering yourselves to their stds. ?!

Heard same sort of complaint at the site we just came back from woman moaning about children making a noise in the day and evening time the answer she got back from the field warden was if you don't want child noise don't come to the site in school holidays have to agree with the warden on this .

• Like 3
  • I agree completely 1

now retired and loving it

Sadly, noisy children (not kids, they are young goats :angry:) and “over beveraged’ adults are a sign of modern times and an indication of the total lack of thought for others that pervades society these days. 

I am also a great great fan of adults only sites and interestingly they seem to be becoming more prevalent AND nearly always fully booked. I rest  my case m’lud ;)

Of course it’s not the children’s fault at all! If the parents instilled some manners and consideration into their little bra er darlings then the rest of us wouldn’t need to keep seeking out adult only sites (or going away when the schools are (if ever now) operating! 

Grumpy, me ??  Yeah course I am :angry::angry::angry::angry:

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 5

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

Kids are on holiday, they run around and make noise. Just like we all did.

11pm is generally regarded as "quiet time"on most sites, not 10pm.

• Like 2
  • I disagree 1
  • I agree completely 4
6 hours ago, Jezzerb said:

am I getting old and grumpy!?

Difficult to say, as it’s difficult to know of the behaviour warrants your comment.
I had a boss who would often comment “why do we teach or children to walk and Talk and then tell them to shut up and sit down’.

As daveat92 says we have all done it and it seems that if noise is not your thing avoid sites where there are likely to be children, or in the country, or by a beach or indeed any with people at all as who knows what they may do.

We have been annoyed by inconsiderate campers, and have probably annoyed a few too, but the noise of children playing is a sound we love to hear and anyone expecting a site to be quiet after 10pm in the summer months maybe need to look at another option.

• Like 2
  • I agree completely 3

It’s peoples TVs blasting through their awning till after midnight which used to annoy us when we toured.

We now have a static and the no noise rule on our site is 11pm which I find very reasonable.

6 hours ago, stevew1 said:

its adults only !

Where? Can I come?

We always avoid kiddy season and bank holidays.

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 1

2020 Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4  PHEV and 2016 Swift Conqueror 480 HT

on our first night on a site in Cheddar recently the children speeding noisily around the site till well after 9 pm was a distraction. During the following day a couple of families left and that night there was a noticeable difference with the site being quiet by 8 pm (this persisted for the remainder of our stay) My point is that much of the problem seems to be caused by a relative minority of parents. Normally I'd avoid the kids holidays but this year its unavoidable. I think that we will explore the adult only option but it feels like being forced out.

• Like 1

ml 350 amg sport with Adria Isonzo 613DT

Was at Woolacombe CC recently and kids were running around screaming well after midnight. Not sure how their parents can allow it, without considering others. When our lad was young we definitely wouldn't let him be making noise after say 9pm at the latest.

6 hours ago, stevew1 said:

its adults only !

We are new to all of this so collating a list of future sites.  I hope that I don't offend you by asking, but what is the name of the site?  Sounds wonderful!