Powrtouch works then won't

Hi , my powrtouch eco motor works fine for how ever long I wish to move it 10 seconds /1 minute / 2 minutes  etc but once I stop it and then try to use it again nothing , tried removing big red isolation switch then putting it back , nothing ., had new 110amp leisure battery fitted  start of July 2020 and have tried 3 new handset batteries still same problem , mover was 5 years old February 2020 so out of guarantee , any ideas , thanks Pete 

Try contacting Powrtouch as they are known to be quite helpful. 

• I agree completely 2

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Ditto contacting Powrtouch - never found another manufacturer who understands their products as well as they do.

Tech Support all working from home at the moment because of Covid, but you will get a response by phone or email.

Cheers

Keith 

New batteries in the remote.

I had a problem with mine when it was relatively new it would start then stop after about 10ft  . Phoned Powertoutch up and spoke to a chap that sounded like a proper engineer he new exactly what to check it was loose connection my dealer hadn’t tightened!  I remember thinking wow a phone diagnosis..he knows his stuff !

2019 Ford Transit DCIV Limited 190bhp Auto / 2007 VW Transporter Kombi 2.5 TDI 174bhp  4 Motion  +  2018 Bailey Unicorn lV Valencia 

We had a similar problem. I tried and tried to find the cause. Eventually found it. The battery isolator switch was not making a good contact when closed. I changed it and never had another problem.

Ern

1 hour ago, Benfica said:

New batteries in the remote.

+1

If the remote batteries are good when you press any direction button the adjacent red LED will light: if the batteries are dying when you press any direction button ALL of the red LEDs will light.

Edited by Woodentop

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

Another possibility is the remote controller battery fit. The 9V batteries are not all the same size. Some are a bit shorter in length and require a paper wedge pushing in to take op the slack. The design of the battery location is reliant on this fit. Have a look and you will see what I mean.

Ern

Hi thanks for the quick replies , I'm going to try all the things surgested, as I said 3 new batteries in hand control so far , the new battery I'm having tested so see if it faulty and I'm going to give powrtouch a call today , what I can't understand is why it works then won't ,pete

Ern, perhaps while holding handset battery is slipping down slightly so I'll give your tip a go , you never know , thanks pete

Sorry I haven't had time I'll get onto it soon and report back , thanks Pete 

The slides the rollers move on should be lubricated twice a season with spray motorcycle chain grease.

Failure to do this resulted on the rollers on mine failing to motor.

Here s is a link showing how to do it.

https://www.powrtouch.com/greasing-the-evolution/

on our first powrtouch, we had a loose wire in the handset, it came loose by pulling the battery out to change it. As we didn't have a solder  kit we took it to a TV repair chap and he soldered it for us.