Dometic Series 10 Fridge with Separate Freezer

Hello

Got a new Bailey Alicanto - with Dometic series 10 fridge (double door opening).

Anyone else noticed frost build up on freezer compartment roof (middle) by the door?  I think the door seals are fine as passed the paper pull out test.  It would seem that a little air might be leaking in through the door frame somewhere or it might be a design "feature" of the electric frame heater?

Grateful if anyone would respond with similar circumstances and if they know if  a fault or normal?  BTW door shuts fine and tight seals look ok?

DJ

• 1 month later...

We have the same Fridge Freezer in our Coachman Laser.

Just submitted a Product Support Request to Dometic - but no reply yet.

Freezer compartment has an iceberg forming after only 2 weeks of use.

Door appears to open / close OK but there is obviously something wrong.

Another issue that you may have noticed is that the water is constantly dripping from the defrost pipe and running down the outside of the caravan,

Considering that this fridge freezer costs in excess of £2000 I am not happy with its performance !!

Hopefully Dometic will come up with a quick easy fix !!!

20200913_134506.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have only used mine for 3 days but have not noticed any build up as yet.
Does this fridge have a storage position on its doors does anyone know? My previous fridges all had a lock function where the door would be locked open a few millimetres to let air circulate to stop mold build up, I can not work out how this door locks open for ventilation when not in use if it does? 

5 minutes ago, joanie said:

sorry if this is too obvious but as  we put the temperature up in the summer have you lowered it for the winter?

Curious. Why alter the internal temperature of the fridge, based on the outside temperature?  
I do not notice any difference in fridge performance between summer and winter, and just leave temperature control on 3 (out of potential 5). The freezer makes ice for the G&T. That’s as good a yardstick as any to determine it’s functioning ok

5 hours ago, Wobbleboxnobby said:

Does this fridge have a storage position on its doors does anyone know? My previous fridges all had a lock function where the door would be locked open a few millimetres to let air circulate to stop mold build up, I can not work out how this door locks open for ventilation when not in use if it does? 

The 10 series fridges with double-opening doors have concealed hooks to hold the doors ajar in the 'winter position'. The hooks are released from the door frames at top and bottom. It's all in the manual which you can download here.

hawkaye :beardy:

Thanks Hawkaye. In my owners manual it shows the picture but doesn’t say it’s in the frame, so I have been looking at the door trying to work out how the clip springs out, can’t believe I didn’t look at the frame just concentrating on the doors. 

• 3 months later...

GaryRobbo - did u ever resolve the icing up issue?

thanks

No did not get the issue resolved.

Got in touch with a mobile technician who was supposed to come and have a look at the problem.

That was October last year - still waiting.

He suggested I switch the fridge / freezer On - so that he could see what the problem was when he arrived.

Its been powered up ever since. (Caravan is permently plugged in to the electric on our drive)

Not a lot of ice has formed in the freezer and no sign of any drips from the fridge vent pipe.

But... this is what we have found it the past.

It's only an issue when we go on holiday and we are using it constantly.

Going to book the caravan in for an annual service shortly - so will hopefully get it sorted ready for the many trips away in the summer (That's if Boris allows !!)

Are you still having issues with yours?

We have a 10 series in the motorhome. The fins needs deep icing fairly regularly and I agree about condensation dripping out. 

Thst said it's the only fridge and freezer that worked well in Italy at 40C

Russ 

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.