Our caravan mixer tap, I think it’s a Reich, started leaking so after an internet search it looked like it was the cartridge, in my wisdom I swapped the cartridge from the bathroom tap witch we never use and the kitchen one and it still leaked and after swapping them back again both taps leak. I bought 2 new cartridges today and fitted them and I can get them to stop leaking but as soon as I move the spout they leak again , please help this is ruining my holiday, thanks in advance

Hi, I have just had the same problem. I fixed mine by removing the two seals that seal the rotating part of the tap and cleaning them and lubricating them with some silicone grease /lubricant. I think I will need to change the seals in the long term, but doing this stopped mine leaking completely. 

The mixer tap in our vanity sink was leaking from the joins where the spout swivels, and after stripping, cleaning the seals and fitting a new ceramic cartridge, it still leaked. I ended up buying a replacement short spout tap without the swivel action from B&Q, which looks exactly like the original tap design. It was a fraction of the cost of the “caravan specific” model as well. No more leaky tap. 👍🏻

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/08/2020 at 21:35, mecamero said:

Hi, I have just had the same problem. I fixed mine by removing the two seals that seal the rotating part of the tap and cleaning them and lubricating them with some silicone grease /lubricant. I think I will need to change the seals in the long term, but doing this stopped mine leaking completely. 

Had the same problem today.  Stripped tap and lubed bottom seal with silicon . Seems fine now but have you any idea where to obtain replacement seals?  My tap is the whale elite

Fitting a fixed tap is not an option as the tap has to be swivelled to allow the glass sink cover to lift.