ALDE.. I’m having an issue with my Alde heating, we use day mode and night mode, day mode is 21* and night to 10* however for some reason it changes the night temp to 20* during the night ? We got up last night about 1am and reset it to 10* but in the morning when it switched over to day mode it had changed the day temp to 10* which is the night temp ? I’ve set the timers so night comes on at 10.30pm and day switches off at 10.30pm , night switches off at 6.30am and day switches on at 6.3? What am I doing wrong ? Any advice very welcome

Hesitate to ask this but is the clock on the Alde control panel set to the right time? On some vans it needs to be put right every time the van power has been switched off.

Edited by Orange

I have never used my timer but are you confusing it by having 2 events morning and night which are the same time? Day ON at 0630 and OFF at 2230 with night coming ON at 2231  and OFF at 0629?

Edited by SamD

Sam :beardy:   RR Sport HSE Dynamic towing Swift Elegance Grande 845

58 minutes ago, fatboynotsothin said:

ALDE.. I’m having an issue with my Alde heating, we use day mode and night mode, day mode is 21* and night to 10* however for some reason it changes the night temp to 20* during the night ? We got up last night about 1am and reset it to 10* but in the morning when it switched over to day mode it had changed the day temp to 10* which is the night temp ? I’ve set the timers so night comes on at 10.30pm and day switches off at 10.30pm , night switches off at 6.30am and day switches on at 6.3? What am I doing wrong ? Any advice very welcome

I've not seen this on mine but I would put a delay in, as your settings are always running.

For example, set the normal temp as required ( no day or night modes), lets say 18 deg.

Then day mode set for the morning only, from 6:30 Am to 11 AM at 21 deg.

set the night mode from 10:30 PM to 6:00AM 10 deg.

Don't forget though, assuming you're in Europe, in this weather the temperature may not dip below 10 degrees in which case your ALDE won't be active anyway, and will be displaying the ambient temperature.

We just turn the thermostat up in the morning and down at night.....

cant see the point of faffing about with day and night modes. Seemed to have a mind of its own when we tried it. 

• I disagree 1
  • I agree completely 5
9 hours ago, SamD said:

I have never used my timer but are you confusing it by having 2 events morning and night which are the same time? Day ON at 0630 and OFF at 2230 with night coming ON at 2231  and OFF at 0629?

We use the day /  night settings - it is just a setting for night mode...

• Day = 0 - every day or 1 - Mon, 2 - Tue...  7 - Sun
  • Night Start Time - hh:mm
  • Night Stop  Time - hh:mm
  • Night Temperature - xx°

When Night mode ends,  the thermostat reverts to whatever the previous day time temperature was set at.

I think only one pair of temperature change events can be programmed per day though.  Day to night followed by night back to day.

Edited by ReggiePerrin

We used to have day and night settings as day 06.30 to 22.00 at 21c with hot water on, then night 22.00 to 06.30 at 16c with hot water off, there was always a 30 min lag after switching from night to day.

So after trailing this for several months, decided to just switch the day setting off, and setting temp to 21c and water on, leaving the night setting, but it still has the 30 min lag 🤔

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

1288275170_2019VIP.jpg.775f2d8ce7b26db242e04a2e77903cd0.jpg

The Alde system has three temperatures- night time, day time, and any other times. 
If you only want two temperatures, I would turn off day mode and just use night mode and the default other times 

• I agree completely 1
12 minutes ago, Lost in the wilderness said:

The Alde system has three temperatures- night time, day time, and any other times. 
If you only want two temperatures, I would turn off day mode and just use night mode and the default other times 

If night mode switches off at the same moment as day mode switches on, then default mode doesnt occur. We have our day/night modes set at 7.0am and 11 pm.

Ern

I use the timers on the Alde.    It takes a little getting your head around but basically the day and night modes are off modes and the default mode is on.      So I our case in a field in December  at 06 30 the night mode switches off and the default mode comes on to warm the van.  At about 10 30 the day mode comes on as that is about the time we generally go out and switches off at around 16 30  and goes back to the default mode to warm the van during the evening this stay like that until 23 30  when the night mode comes into operation.  

Notes

1.    You don’t have to use my time settings and you can use your own temperature settings

2   For the Whatabouterist’s if we go out at 12 00 rather than 10 30 I simply alter the clock.  

3.    Last weekend as it was warm the day mode was switched off, the default mode was set to 5C the night mode was set to 5C and in operation as the hot water was set to off in this mode. 

Finally weren’t there reports of glitches with the timer system reported in posts about a year ago.  I can’t remember what the resolution was but I seem to remember that Alde got involved.  

From experience of using the Alde system I would suggest that if you want the 'stat to work at 10C during the night I wouldn't bother, just turn it off. The insulation on modern caravans is so good that even if you are away in the snow in Winter if the inside temp has been around 22C during the day/evening, even if you turn the heating off overnight it is unlikely to get much below about 18C by the morning, and remember the van will warm up very quickly when you restore the set temp in the morning. 

Here with the caravan on our drive and the heating turned off for months in the Winter I have never seen the inside temp go below 6C.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

It is certainly not our experience with the van temperature in the midst of a winters night never dropping much below 18 C, even this week gone it dropped to 14 C mid August!

Then it is not a modern van though it is a German Hymer of 13 12 years vintage.

We use our Alde's night time setting, and have no issues with that doing exactly what we key into it achieving.

Ours is the 3010 with the digital panel, what is the OP's system?

It reads that the setting could simply be set up the wrong way round, the more so as the OP can reset the night temperature at will during the night time, resetting the night time temperature setting is a bit more procedural than that comment is implying,

The night time start time is the first set, the finish of the night time and reversion to "norma;l" is the second time set.

August temperatures in the UK have not been recorded at lower than 12 degrees, so the night setting 10 deg won't be active.

• 4 weeks later...

In reply to Fred, Alde made a change to the controller code regarding the end of night mode. Before the change once night mode ended the boiler was enabled and started heating the van up. After the change in 2018, once night mode ended the controller intermittently ran the pump for 30 mins without enabling the boiler. Hence a 30 minute delay before the van started to warm up. Various (unbelievable) reasons were given but Alde have not informed me of a resolution. So a pre 2018 van would immediately start to heat the van after night mode ended, post 2018 twiddles it’s thumbs for 30 mins.

If anyone can check this on a 2020 van to see if the controller firmware has been updated it would be appreciated.

On 02/09/2020 at 09:39, Bobsandy said:

In reply to Fred, Alde made a change to the controller code regarding the end of night mode. Before the change once night mode ended the boiler was enabled and started heating the van up. After the change in 2018, once night mode ended the controller intermittently ran the pump for 30 mins without enabling the boiler. Hence a 30 minute delay before the van started to warm up. Various (unbelievable) reasons were given but Alde have not informed me of a resolution. So a pre 2018 van would immediately start to heat the van after night mode ended, post 2018 twiddles it’s thumbs for 30 mins.

If anyone can check this on a 2020 van to see if the controller firmware has been updated it would be appreciated.

Our 2020 VIP Coachman is the same as our 2019 VIP (30 mins delay) Could never understand the reasoning behind it

Edited by kiaboy

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

1288275170_2019VIP.jpg.775f2d8ce7b26db242e04a2e77903cd0.jpg