Battery charger issues

Hi there I’m wondering if anyone has any info on the bonus pdu 3 power supply board? My one has a faulty battery charger within the components, is it possible to buy the separate  charger component or do I need to buy a full new board? 

1A847382-9A41-4DA2-8ABF-1D6CA7FDB426.jpeg

Edited by MartynP82
New picture

3 hours ago, MartynP82 said:

Hi there I’m wondering if anyone has any info on the bonus pdu 3 power supply board? My one has a faulty battery charger within the components, is it possible to buy the separate  charger component or do I need to buy a full new board? 

1A847382-9A41-4DA2-8ABF-1D6CA7FDB426.jpeg

Last year I had my Fleetwood's electrical systems checked by an ex-Bonus engineer who is able to completely rebuild them. I'll verify his number and post it for you as I don't think they are in business anymore.

31 minutes ago, limecc said:

Last year I had my Fleetwood's electrical systems checked by an ex-Bonus engineer who is able to completely rebuild them. I'll verify his number and post it for you as I don't think they are in business anymore.

Here is the last details for the company.

Bonus Plug-In-Systems
Unit 1 Connaught Road
Kingswood
Hull
HU7 3AP
Tel: 01482 373737
Fax: 08456 440806
Email: sales@bonuspluginsystems.co.uk

The engineer's name is Steve and he's based at South Normanton (J28 M1) in Derbyshire. He used to travel the country fixing PDU's as their mobile engineer but now he's self employed and prices very reasonably. 07707 111357

• 3 years later...

Help! I have a 2008 Fleetwood Heritage 640eb and for some reason the 12v system has suddenly stopped working, ie lights, radio, water pump, toilet pump etc. The 240v side appears ok. Any help would be appreciated. Regards. P Pritchard 

:welcome:

There should be a fuse in the positive cable from the battery to the leccy box. Check every bit of that cable cos they hide it away somewhere .

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Sir, thank you for replying, but the 240v feed and battery feed go into a  Bonus plug-in - system PDU3. The fuses into the Bonus appear to be ok. 

No inline fuse between the battery and the PDU3?

No need to call me sir - Oi You There will do!

Graham

Generally fridges have their own 12V supply  that is not switched so that they can be run on 240V or gas without the rest of the 12V system being switched on. If the fridge is receiving 12V it indicates the issue isn't in that line, but is in the circuit controlled via the12V master switch. That may, or may not be a PDU issue.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

Hi, sorry ter keep troubling yer, but I live in this van so need ter get it sorted  ASAP.  Is it possible it could be the battery that is  knacked. I've had my circuit tester across the  battery posts and it's showing  zero, but yet the fridge indicator light shows on when turned to 12v. 🤔🤔. Regards PP. 

A circuit tester? Doesn't that measure resistance?

Put across a battery and you've blown it. You need a multimeter to measure the voltage across the terminals. But if you are not sure how and what to measure, then do get an expert to I do it .

Graham

Sorry, when I said circuit tester I should have put multimeter, I have both, I used to have 40 tanning machines to keep running.! Regards PP. 

Then if a MM across a battery shows zero, then you definitely need a new battery AND check that EHU is charging the battery.

Graham

The meter is set to DC rather than AC volts isn't it.🤔

Skoda Yeti Outdoor pulling an Elddis Affinity 554