Can anyone tell me if Calorlite bottles are still available? I have two that are almost empty,

I struggle to keep the nose-weight down as it is without have to swap to standard 6kg bottles

2015 SorentoKX2 pulling a 2011 Sterling Eccles Moonstone

As I understand it Calor are not producing any more. They will safety test those in the system as they are returned and will re-fill them subject them passing a safety check so getting less in circulation. There were some in East Sussex 2 weeks ago and have exchanged one in Norfolk this weekend and seen another retailer with some on their forecourt.

Powrtouch AWD Movers. E & P Compact Levelling System.

Consider swapping to safefill. I have 10kg bottle that weighs 5kg empty. 
just be aware that gas filling points are declining, and the bottle is slightly fatter than calor, so might be issue if small locker. 
Plus point is price of the gas, and you can refill it whenever you want. No more waiting for it to run out

Thanks for the replies, looks like I will just have to phone all the local stockist in the hope I ill findsome

2015 SorentoKX2 pulling a 2011 Sterling Eccles Moonstone

Try caravan dealerships as well as listed Calor stockists.

Land Rover on SORN so not towing anything for a while

Some Jewson depots carry Calor lite. The one at Honiton in Devon is one. I am passing them tomorrow so intend to swop my empty one in. 

Calor Depots usually have them.

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

14 hours ago, Lost in the wilderness said:

Consider swapping to safefill. I have 10kg bottle that weighs 5kg empty. 
just be aware that gas filling points are declining, and the bottle is slightly fatter than calor, so might be issue if small locker. 
Plus point is price of the gas, and you can refill it whenever you want. No more waiting for it to run out

We first considered Safefill back in 2017, and almost bought a cylinder at the NEC with a free fill offer, but the issue for us was the almost total lack of anywhere to fill the things up.

I visited my only local garage that had an LPG pump and was told that they would not allow their filling then I found that the info that you link to from the Safefill site was inaccurate and outdated meaning that there was no reliable way for me to fill one.

The situation has now deteriorated with the removal of LPG pumps due to the increase in electric vehicle charging points.

It s a great idea and I really wanted to go for it but unless you use quite a bit of gas and can be sure of being able to fill up its not the solution that it  appears to be.

Went to the John Stayte   in Weston-super-Mare to change mine.

They had over 200 Calor Lites in stock.

I have considered safefill, but the rapid demise of LPG supplies put me off. 

Edited by PR1

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!