Sign in to follow this  
MarkyJenkins

Hello all

Hello all,

Just want to say a quick hello, I have had a static caravan previously and now looking to get a touring caravan.

Never had a touring caravan before so will happily accept some useful and helpful tips and recommendations.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Marky

Hello and :welcome: we will be able to help but, it'll be easier for us if you tell us more about your number of occupants, towcar (also pre or post 1997 licence), expected usage and budget. Oh, and there'll be other stuff I haven't thought of !!

Help will follow nonetheless.

Lives near Cheltenham, drives a Jaguar XF-S Sportbrake (2018) towing a Coachman VIP575 (2018).

:welcome:MarkyJenkins,  so what are you after re, touring vans?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mickyjb said:

Hello and :welcome: we will be able to help but, it'll be easier for us if you tell us more about your number of occupants, towcar (also pre or post 1997 licence), expected usage and budget. Oh, and there'll be other stuff I haven't thought of !!

Help will follow nonetheless.

Hi Micky,

Thank you for the warm welcome and questions.

I am looking for 4 berth very minimum but would would like more room so thinking a large 4 birth or opt at looking at 5 or 6 birth for the extra room.

We have a Mercedes B class 2019 B200D, looking to use it for weekends away and holidays around the uk.

Ideally looking for an ex demo or a really good deal on a new one if there is one going that anyone knows of??

I am a class 1 lorry driver so have correct entitlement to tow.

Hope that helps :)

Marky

Edited by MarkyJenkins

sounds like you're almost there, have you had a look around any dealers yet, also what layout are you looking for?

Marky,

There's this obvious place to start and here is another place to search. There'll be some overlap between the two sites and this is a useful guide to the buying process.

Edited by Mickyjb
tidyness

Lives near Cheltenham, drives a Jaguar XF-S Sportbrake (2018) towing a Coachman VIP575 (2018).

1 minute ago, joanie said:

sounds like you're almost there, have you had a look around any dealers yet, also what layout are you looking for?

I have not been to any dealers as of yet, think we would like an end bedroom opposite to the living room with shower and toilet but mainly looking for something spacious.

I don't know what your budget is but we have a Bailey Phoenix 640 with end bedroom, we have the dealer special . Have a look around the dealers to get a feel for them but leave the wallet at home on the first visit, just in case.  Make sure you know what you can tow so you can check out the MTPLM and payload. 

Welcome to the forum Marky.

Lots of advice HERE

Good luck

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joanie said:

I don't know what your budget is but we have a Bailey Phoenix 640 with end bedroom, we have the dealer special . Have a look around the dealers to get a feel for them but leave the wallet at home on the first visit, just in case.  Make sure you know what you can tow so you can check out the MTPLM and payload. 

is this a new caravan or ex demo?

10 hours ago, MarkyJenkins said:

is this a new caravan or ex demo?

new, but if you have no caravan to trade in , you can shop around , haggle, you should be able to get a good deal and also ask for some of the kit you will need, don't be shy about it. 

26 minutes ago, joanie said:

new, but if you have no caravan to trade in , you can shop around , haggle, you should be able to get a good deal and also ask for some of the kit you will need, don't be shy about it. 

ok can you send me more details on it please?

Are you a dealer?

no, what makes you say that?   You can look up the caravans on any dealer site  or manufacturers site and if you look on previous posts above  by Mickyjb and BOAC they have been kind enough to give you links that you can use.  Perhaps it's time for you to do some homework, good luck :)

Joanie,

I think what has happened is that the first line of your post of 12 hours ago has been misread as you offering your caravan.

Mick

2 minutes ago, Mickyjb said:

Joanie,

I think what has happened is that the first line of your post of 12 hours ago has been misread as you offering your caravan.

Mick

:D  I'm going  to have to choose my words more carefully in future. so just to make it clear, all I was offering was advice, nothing else, take it or leave it :lol: