Sign in to follow this  
Picard57

Isabella Cirrus Air

as a follow on to an earlier thread "Isabella query", what is the forums thoughts now that the premium awning maker has joined the air market, is anyone thinking of buying one, have you got one, any tips or tricks to pass on, is the pole v air argument at an end? probably not, but i can say as an owner of one i can say it is an excellent awning and it does feel a big step up from my also very good vango awning as it should.

We are dyed in the wool Isabella aficionados having had several awnings over the years. One of the many issues with the Kampa Fiesta air awning we had was I didn’t like the air beams. Found them very intrusive. 
when we looked at the Isabella Cirrus last year at the launch whilst it’s a good looking awning the air beams were  a put off for me. 

Yes we will be buying one at the end of the year to replace our awful Kampa. I just need to save some pennies first! They appear to be very good the only thing I haven’t researched is their weight.

• Like 1

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

Picard57, exactly the same for us, we have gone from a Vango kalari 420 to a Cirrus and absolutely love it😎👍 infact we are sat out in it as I’m typing this 😀 we found the Vango a great awning and Had  no issues with it at all. This is our second outing with the new awning, we have also purchased the north windscreen to give the dogs a little extra outdoor space, also provides a little privacy 😎 it all looks fantastic when set up, will take a couple of pictures befor dismantling tomorrow 👍 

Total weight is around 35kg, but as the awning comes with 2 bags it is easier to take out the sides and split in to 2. This means you put up the roof alone and this weighs around 20kg so quite easy to pull in to rail and zip in the sides after.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Picard57 said:

Total weight is around 35kg, but as the awning comes with 2 bags it is easier to take out the sides and split in to 2. This means you put up the roof alone and this weighs around 20kg so quite easy to pull in to rail and zip in the sides after.

That’s good news as our current Kampa is one piece and stored in a huge bag. I’m sure my neighbours think I am moving a body in it!

Ours set up with the windscreen 

CD5B9072-8021-44C1-89DD-BD47F40C37B4.jpeg

82E51F63-B0D3-4D26-9BE8-8F8618CCCFF6.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks lovely-am warming to Isabella now they do pump up-when next we buy may consider one-poles just remind me too much of my tenting days and are a pain!

A man of taste v8vmarkie, yes we have a cirrus air and a coachman too!:D

Posted (edited)

Just back from our first trip in ours.

As we’ve never had an awning before I’ve got nothing to compare it with.

But, for what it’s worth, we loved it.

Easy to put up, looks the part, withstood severe gales one night and heavy rain a couple of times, and even quicker to tale down again.

As mentioned above, taking the side and front panels out makes folding away easier although I find not all the air comes out at the site, therefore we folded properly again once home.

An excellent awning, but I suppose it should be for almost £2k!

I’ll add more observations on the other thread when I get a chance.

CA15765A-D0B3-4FF3-9C44-DB607778C563.jpeg

Edited by BM Bairn
  • Like 1

Towing: 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

Tow Car: 2020 BMW X3 M40i

Excellent. Yes £2K is a lot of money but although our Kampa was half that it’s awful. I was going to wait until the end of the year to follow you but I might have to chisel my wallet open sooner!

• Like 1

Can you reverse the pipes on the pump and use that to draw the last bit of air out of the awning before you fold it up?

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 1

1 hour ago, Tuningdrew said:

Can you reverse the pipes on the pump and use that to draw the last bit of air out of the awning before you fold it up?

That’s a good point and something I’ll need to look into. Could be the answer though. Thanks.

Towing: 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

Tow Car: 2020 BMW X3 M40i

you cannot reverse the pipes, you need a pump that sucks air out as explained in my reply to your thread "Isabella query". We managed to get an aquantance to make a copy of the air valve on a 3D printer but with no valve in it, should now be able to attach vango pump to easily suck air out, will let you know how we get on in wales next week.

• Like 1