Valuation of 1969 Sprite Alpine Caravan - 4 Berth

Hi, I am looking to sell my 1969 Sprite Alpine Caravan and I'm wanting some advice on how much it is worth. 

It is 4 berth (double bed + bunk bed) and is in good condition. 

Has original documents with it such as caravan maintenance manual and receipt of purchase.

Has working double gas hob and grill (not gas safety tested) and foot pump sink.

Can be hooked up to electricity supply.

Also includes caravan cover and awning. 

115930719_373291433657993_1500842035217310835_n.thumb.jpg.949fac749fd21dee430e5b62b9e993f1.jpg

Any help is much appreciated. 

Edited by MollB

£300 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

In really nice condition £3,000 might be possible but that one looks pretty poor. Looking at the overall condition I suspect that it might have stood a while and need money spending on it before being able to tow it away. If it were mine I would be offering it for a £50 donation to a charity if somebody wanted a project.

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Unfortunately, unlike cars, there is no real market for classic caravans. 

The value of older caravans is based almost entirely on condition and, as Easy  T has said, this one does not appear to be in particularly Good condition. I have seen many worse, but the value of "fair", "poor" and "derelict" is about the same. Only when the condition is "excellent" is there any real value in a caravan over about 20 years old!

Have a look on Ebay as a guide for what to ask.

Search for "Sprite Alpine Caravan" and a few older ones come up for sale with bids on them (and a few dreamers with classified ads too!) then on the left hand side menu, click 'sold' under the 'show only' menu and you should have half a dozen recent sales come up between £400-1,500.

You can browse the photos to get an idea of condition and price and adjust as needed to the condition of your own van.

I'd be interested to hear the OPs definition of 'poor', if this is considered 'good'.

There is a classic caravan group on Facebook run by Chris Beresford who has restored several old caravans, try on there.

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

The intrinsic value of that caravan is virtually nothing. It will need a heck of a lot of restoration and if you value all the hours then the caravan is a completely hopeless investment. However, if a classic caravan enthusiast find on close examination that this is feasable - that the framework and outer panels are serviceable, it could fetch a few hundred pounds. 

Ern

The description of poor is I think based on the photo, but it is difficult to say if it is just dirty or there are problems. Certainly it looks unloved which rings alarm bells and the door looks battered.

Before you go any further you should check carefully for damp. You need to check with a damp meter all the joints along where the walls meet the roof, front and end panels and the floor and then round the window frames.  Also check the floor carefully for rot.

If any of these turn up I would avoid it, unless you want a project and can manage one .

By the look of it I would not see it being worth more than a few hundred but the value does depend on the condition. Have you more photos showing other areas?

Edited by Wildwood

Doesn't look very inspiring from the photo, but a good wash and brush up would cost very little and might do wonders. Perhaps someone with a classic car of similar vintage might be interested. Thinking Triumph 2000,Ford Zodiac, Vauxhall Cresta sort of thing. 

It's worth what someone will pay for it. No more, no less.

If you want to sell it ask for offers.

If none of them are acceptable, you have effectively "bought it" yourself.