Sign in to follow this  
GAS

Cannie Get a Pitch ....

Posted (edited)

"The Mrs" gave me a 4 day Solo Pass this weekend . Phoned for a pitch at Machrihanish ...Fully Booked ! Phoned for a pitch at Invercoe ,Glen Coe Fully Booked ! Tried for a pitch at Killiegruer, Kintyre. Closed this season due to Covid. Now trawling the internet for a not so big caravan site round about Lochaber .... Any recommendations most welcomed .. PLEASE ....:(  

GAS ....:ph34r:

Edited by GAS

"to be auld and wise you must first be young and daft "

Getting a pitch up here is definately hit and miss this Covid year GAS.

Just returned from our 1st outing of 2020 at Glenearly

http://glenearlycaravanpark.co.uk/park

Excellent week pitch wise-spotless site half services closed 1 intensive and 3 spot cleans daily.

Good base for exploring the gems of my youth ie sailing Flying Fifteens at Kipford beach picnics at Rockcliff and of course home of The World Flounder Tramping Championships-Palnackie.

On the down side five sites I phoned did not even bother returning my call!!

Had a real surprise today phoned Aberfeldy Caravan Park not only got a reply but booked for the second week in september for a "Highland Wedding" The Wife has banned me from highland dress after the last highland wedding we attended.

Good luck with your search

Morning Ancell.. Giving it a miss this weekend . Booked Machrihanish for next month.. Weather to be good this weekend so will do ma wee garden jobs footering and pottering aboot...🙃 Stay Safe auld pal.....

GAS.....😉

Had a great day GAS.

Dropped the caravan off at Duncans Caravans Wishaw to get the shower leak fixed.

They are booking in caravans at 30 minute intervals everybody wearing masks inside or behind perspex screen-then off down the beautiful Clyde Valley  at 28C!!.

Lunch at Gouldings Garden Centre everyone wearing masks till seated for lunch-social distancing was 6 feet and apart from the usual thickies everyone stayed out of each others ways.

Food excellent-first time out for a lunch since march!!

I noticed the usual clientele-over 60s plus( our combined age is 147) have been replaced by families.

Caravan service staff is down by 60% so hope to get van back within 5 working days.

I hope Kiligruer opens in 2021 for tourers.

how do you find Duncans for caravan servicing and after sales ?

How about finding a farm and just asking the farmer for somewhere to pitch? I did that in Wales a couple of years ago and the farmer was chuffed I gave him a tenner a night. He even supplied EHU from a socket in the barn.

If you dinna ask ye winna get  ;)

• Thanks 1

Doubt many English will be travelling there, midgie season, and a less than warm welcome https://uk.yahoo.com/news/scottish-nationalists-england-scotland-border-coronavirus-125053585.html

4 hours ago, Dave Capiro owner said:

Doubt many English will be travelling there, midgie season, and a less than warm welcome https://uk.yahoo.com/news/scottish-nationalists-england-scotland-border-coronavirus-125053585.html

Load a drivel Dave... Seen convoys of caravans heading north over the border. Our southern brothers are more than welcome if yi can get a pitch.....😇 

GAS......

• Like 1

Gas, do you never fancy a wee trip over to the East Coast? Some good sites in Fife and Angus & you don't have to wear a raincoat as much as in the wild West.

We have had one days rain in 6 weeks here in the valley.

13 hours ago, blondchaser76 said:

Gas, do you never fancy a wee trip over to the East Coast? Some good sites in Fife and Angus & you don't have to wear a raincoat as much as in the wild West.

We have had one days rain in 6 weeks here in the valley.

:o One day ! Yer havering BC....   :D We have had one day of sun in the last six weeks. Friday night the thunderstorm was biblical...

Yer quite correct BC should give the East a go . A just wanted a quick getaway on Friday. Our family have been ridding an emotional roller coaster. We sadly lost our God Son to leukaemia last week after a 9 month fight. Wee Sam was only 14 so as you can imagine we are all broken hearted and after the funeral last Tuesday just wanted a quick getaway. Life is so unfair auld pal .:(...  Booked to getaway next month ....  West Coast !! :)

GAS ....

Very sorry to hear of your loss GAS an absolute tragedy when young people die.

We have had pretty bad weather here in Livi in the past week plus.

Yesterday was stunning so off to the Highlands for a day.

Up through Callender-heaving-no tables free anywhere for lunch.

On to Strathyre equally heaving tables crammed with sun worshippers.

Up to Loch Earn nope now 4pm so missed the cafe s St Fillans Comrie and Crieff all now closed for food so down the M90 for home.

A grand day out😀.

Next time we will take a picnic😀

We saw a lot of "wild camping" and several entrepreneurial farmers providing camping and caravanning in their fields.

Practically every decent lay by had its share of motorhomes.

I was quite surprised that the banks of Loch Earn were not strewn with rubbish and abandonned campers dross.

Just had Duncans of Wishaw on the phone-caravan fixed!

It needed a new shower tap-only had 2 seasons use☹️.

Fixed 1st thing this morning did not expect that as they have only one third of their workshop workforce just now

But back in action😀

Thankyou Ancell , aye it was a sore one. Police reckon there was nearly 500 people following the Hearse bringing Shawlands to a standstill as we walked to the church....

Talking to my neighbour today who have recently purchased a VW Camper and love to wild camp  and ken a got me thinking. 🤔

Think what we are witnessing is just the tip of the Iceberg . Until this Covid Pandemic is done and dusted the Wild Camping and fully booked sites scenario could be the norm for the time being.

Unfortunately due to the Staycation and  Newbie Brigade this is also putting pressure on our relaxed past time. The days of hooking up and turning up unannounced could be a thing of the past.....😑  Glad yer van is now sorted... Bought a couple of Vans at Duncans ... Good to deal with.....

GAS....

Yes Duncans have given me excellent service in our 3 seasons with them.

Gave me £2000 more for my 10 year old trade in than our local dealer.

Owner priced our caravan then shook on the price-unlike our local dealer who named his price then phoned my pal and knocked £1000 off for "leak found by workshop".

Duncans are mega busy just now but found the time to fit my repair in also checked the leasure battery and mover announced both ok-ticked me off for sawing off the end of the mover switch key housing(it protruded into the path of the mains connection plug)but it needed doing😀.

I expect the shower mixer tap is going to cost half the price of my caravans of 40 years ago😀.

But on the upside lunch in the stunningly beautiful Clyde Valley before we collect the caravan at 4pm.

Blowing a gale here in Livi rain in stair rods do nt envy The Wife fitting the front cover😀.

Duncans draw the line at that-but they do unhitch and hitch up.

• Like 1