I purchased a 2020 Coachman Lazer 650 but could not use it until July. After a couple of day I went to open a side window and it fell out. The windows are attached to the side of the van using double sided tape that had become detached. No screws are used. I examined the other windows and saw that one other had started to come away. Has any other person had the same fault

On our caravan (2011 Elddis) all the windows are hooked on to a window hinge bar that goes across the top of the window openings. The window part of the hinge looks to be crimped to the window. There is a photo of the arrangement in this topic 

This ebay listing has a picture of a Coachman window and it seems to have a similar arrangement https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coachman-VIP-Laser-2018-2019-Front-offside-Polyplastic-window-001745-WIN1-/184169125455?hash=item2ae155d64f

Edited by Paul1957

I think Coachman had a problem a few years ago with the bathroom windows falling off due to the same issue.

Thought they had started to screw them in again.

The window bars on Elddis models are screwed as well as adhered in place. If you lift the window up over 90 degrees you can see the fastenings. I think all the polyplastic windows use a similar hook system, whereby you have to insert the window at approx 170 degrees from the side of the van, i.e. upside down, then allow the window to rotate back down to its closed position.

This is hard on the front large center window on your own, so best with two people, if you ever need to take one out for repairs

Edited by Benny65
4 hours ago, Benny65 said:

I think Coachman had a problem a few years ago with the bathroom windows falling off due to the same issue.

Thought they had started to screw them in again.

The window bars on Elddis models are screwed as well as adhered in place. If you lift the window up over 90 degrees you can see the fastenings. I think all the polyplastic windows use a similar hook system, whereby you have to insert the window at approx 170 degrees from the side of the van, i.e. upside down, then allow the window to rotate back down to its closed position.

This is hard on the front large center window on your own, so best with two people, if you ever need to take one out for repairs

Last week I was sealing the front window bar. I did think about removing it  but found it was too big a job in storage so instead put some sealant on the top edge and ends and in the screw holes. The end windows I could remove easily from a step ladder but when it came to the middle one had to give up. It needs a platform across the fairing so I could stand in the middle of it.

Coachman had a major problem with windows falling out around 2015. My friends caravan had a couple fall out while we were on a local rally. The dealer came out and taped them all up with duck tape as a precaution. I'm sure this is documented in the Coachman section on this forum. 

Edited by David55

David

Nissan X-Trail Adventura KIA Sorento & Elddis Affinity 554