Ian Nebard

10 year water warranty

Can any one help I have had my adria caravan from new , had it serviced every year by an approved workshop but this year had it done by a local mobile caravan service for half the price and he has noticed a leak around the aerial. The meter reading is 16% damp, he has put new sealant around but with all this rain it is still leaking. I now have a dilemma of do I get it serviced again by the approved workshop to ensure the ingris warranty remains and is this still covered under the warranty? 

Cheers

Ian 

Can't help you with the warranty but 16% reading sounds normal but just monitor it. Resealing the aerial would be an easy job for any fitter.  If you get a powerful torch ie; a bright light and shine on the ceiling where the damp is you'll see a discolouring, normally shows up as a blue tinge. 

16% is a normal reading and not showing signs of damp. If water is getting in then, obviously the sooner it is stopped the better.

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

I was told that under 20% is okay and most makers wont do anything until it's 30%, however you are talking about a leak so if the fella said he fixed it and it's still leaking, call him back to do the job properly.  Thing with leaks is you although you can see where it's coming out you can't always see where it's coming in. 

Sealing an aerial point should be a trivial job and I'd be surprised if a mobile fitter couldn't have fixed the leak unless he is incompetent. Are you sure it is new water still getting in from outside or just residual moisture from before the leak was fixed? Could there be any other source? If it is still the aerial I'd ask your mobile man to correct his inadequate repair (provided you have enough confidence he can properly fix it).

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

First things first. Have you asked the fitter who did the job to come back and look at it? Was it him who said it was leaking in the first place? Who said its leakingn now?  As others have said, 16% humidity is not a leak.             I just noticed you posted before on another thread and mentioned the aerial was fitted by your dealer, 5 years ago I think.  

If the aerial was installed properly the seals should not deteriorate. 

Ern

Posted (edited)

The warranty will normally allow any approved workshop to do the servicing on most makes. I would check the exact wording of the warranty though.

Edited by Wildwood