Changes to task lights above sink in a 2020 Commodore

Yo,

After four nights away in the new Bucc, has anyone wired the LED downlighters above the sink and worktop separately from the LED strip directly above the plastic widow surround behind the sink. They are both on the same switch and are great for tasking but too bright for ambient light. The tiny single floor light by the door is on its own separate switch. A bit odd really. I'm happy to have the floor light and the window surround on the same switch.

Cheers

The LED strip lights in our caravan have a tiny button switch at one end of the strips. It does not have any downlighters though.

On our Lunar Delta kitchen lights, I independently switched the led downlights (and added a dimmer) from the lights around the cupboard doors.  Makes a much more comfortable working arrangement.

Hi Bubble, which dimmer did you fit? Any links to a suitable item?

Cheers

Well having had a good search of Amazon - I cant find it!

I'll be down at the caravan in the next 2 or 3 days and see what I can find on the dimmer.

Found it -

VIPMOON 2 Pack 11-Key RF Mini Wireless Remote Controller with DC Connector for Single Color 3528 5050 LED Strip Lights.

Two for £5.98 from Amazon.co.uk.  I used the other one to isolate the light in the shower cubicle!

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Done it!

Got the dimmers from Amazon and carefully removed the Burka switches and connected the wireless device with Lucar spades behind the switches with NO wire cutting. They can be reinstated with no evidence of intervention  whatsoever! Happy days!! :Thankyou:

Edited by yorkyguy
addition