Sign in to follow this  
Lou Taylor

Handbook for an Avondale Custom caravan?

Hi we have just purchased an Avondale Custom Caravan. We need a handbook as we are completely new to caravanning. How can we find out what the exact model is and find instructions of some sort?

:welcome:Lou and soon our Avondale expert (Gordon) may be able to help you. I suspect the Custom is a Perle model maybe from the 80's but that's a wild guess.

A photo would be useful for identification and at the head of this Avondale section is a pinned topic on handbooks that are available. Avondale closed down in 2008.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Posted (edited)

110526779_370492600586912_6240220082326096101_n.thumb.png.eda6c6307fcd6c3285fca74c8e473759.png

IMG_2083.JPG

Edited by Lou Taylor

21 hours ago, Lou Taylor said:

Hi we have just purchased an Avondale Custom Caravan. We need a handbook as we are completely new to caravanning. How can we find out what the exact model is and find instructions of some sort?

As you have a side gas locker and looking at the door/window layout, my first guess is that your caravan is a Avondale Perle Argos from 1993. I believe the term 'Custom' for the slightly better finished models was dropped the following year when a different front wall profile was adopted, and the profile you have used for the new 'Sport' range of caravans.  From then on all in the Perle range were built to the 'Custom' spec. Take a look at the CRiS number (VIN) that should be stamped on all of the windows in blue dots and the tenth character should be a letter 'P' to confirm the year of manufacture.

I've pinned some freely available manuals at the head of this section, so please take a look and download any that are appropriate bearing in mind that the specification was often the same for consecutive years of manufacture. Avondale usually carried out a review / upgrade every third year.

Below I've pasted a couple of images together of the larger Ulysses model to give you an idea of the original colour scheme.

image.png

This is the front wall design from the following year

1994 Perle v Sport front wall.jpg

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

Thank you for that Gordon. The 10th character of the VIN is an N, so I guess that would make it a year younger?

"N" would make it a 1992 manufacture.

Below is a 1992 Avondale Perle Olympus DD6 as depicted in the sales brochure of that year.

image.png

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.