Cleaning water hose to aquaroll

Any idea how i clean my water hose that goes from tap to water barrel? I've used puriclean in the barrel and thus through all the caravan's pipes, but how would i the connecting hose itself puricleaned?

Could you coil it up in a bucket and cover it with a mixture of  puriclean and water, just a thought. :)

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

Just lay it on the ground with the two ends raised a foot or so to same heights.   Pour in your puriclean until it over-flows - then leave it for a while.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

I just run water  through mine for a minute or so before plugging it into the water hog.

its food grade hose so shouldn’t harbour nasties. I’d be a bit more wary if ordinary garden hose was used. 

Edited by Tuningdrew

I do not use a hose, I do not have an aquaroll but instead a 25 litre container similar to this https://www.sealantsandtoolsdirect.co.uk/manufacturers/sealants_and_tools_direct/sandtd_mixed_products/25_litre_plastic_water_storage_container_drum_petrol_can_fuel_liquid_P28145.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm9Wjk_rq6gIVwevtCh0Acg6uEAQYASABEgIr2_D_BwE With a connector screwed on to the tap and the container under the tap the water flow will go straight in the filling hole.

1 hour ago, Paul1957 said:

I do not use a hose, I do not have an aquaroll but instead a 25 litre container similar to this https://www.sealantsandtoolsdirect.co.uk/manufacturers/sealants_and_tools_direct/sandtd_mixed_products/25_litre_plastic_water_storage_container_drum_petrol_can_fuel_liquid_P28145.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm9Wjk_rq6gIVwevtCh0Acg6uEAQYASABEgIr2_D_BwE With a connector screwed on to the tap and the container under the tap the water flow will go straight in the filling hole.

How does that work?

5 hours ago, Paul90125 said:

Any idea how i clean my water hose that goes from tap to water barrel? I've used puriclean in the barrel and thus through all the caravan's pipes, but how would i the connecting hose itself puricleaned?

Surely the cleaning mixture will have passed through the hose just the same as it did through the caravan's pipes.

• I agree completely 1
Just now, DACS said:

Surely the cleaning mixture will have passed through the hose just the same as it did through the caravan's pipes.

I think he means the hose from the mains standpipe to the water barrel  🤔🙄

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

From looking at the plastic jerrycan I'd say don't bother with a hose, just hold the can to the tap.

Lots of standpipes have hoses on already, supplied by the site management.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

I use a long hose to connect from the standpipe tap to the water inlet of our onboard tank - I cannot remember ever consciously cleaning the feed hose pipe, other than to ensure that after passing the chlorinated town water through it, I drain the hose, and connect the two ends together to prevent anything unwanted from entering. Been using the same hose for over ten years, and never suffered any tummy upsets while away.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

8 hours ago, Tuningdrew said:

How does that work?

The stream of water coming out of the tap falls under gravity and in to the container :). The tap hose connector screwed on to the tap stops the water spraying about.