Half my electrics are not working in the caravan...help!

Please help...two nurses on tour at present! All electrics were working. I put the extracter fan on then the radio, lights, fan tv booster and water pump wont work. Plug sockets and tv work but now poor reception as no booster.  fridge is working. Electric fuse box all correct...no buttons off. On master switch...please help......

Edited by Caroline and Rosie
Poor grammer

You give very few details for us to go on, age and type of van etc.

It sounds like you have blown one of the 12v fuses. Do the interior lights work?

Sorry to hear about your problem. I am sure someone can assist you on this forum. I would suspect it is a fuse(s)

Edited by gtepete

Thanks. As soon as I switched the fan on it was like a fuse blew. How do I change the fuse? I'm in a compass rambler 2007 2 berth. The interior lights dont work.

11 minutes ago, Stevan said:

You give very few details for us to go on, age and type of van etc.

It sounds like you have blown one of the 12v fuses. Do the interior lights work?

Thank you. The interior lights dont work now. It all happened after I turned the extractor fan on...it was like a fuse had blown. I'm in a compass rambler two berth 2007. I have spare fuses. How do I change the fuse please?

I think your best bet at this stage of the evening, is probably to call upon one of your "neighbours" - I'm sure they would be very willing to help.

Is any 12v stuff working?  If not, I would suspect the main fuse that is buried somewhere between battery and fuse board. 
before changing it, make sure to turn off the extractor. It may not be the extractor that’s faulty, but as it caused the problem, it’s a fair bet. 
Please keep us updated 

Five caravans  on the campsite and noone knows how to help....

5 minutes ago, Lost in the wilderness said:

Is any 12v stuff working?  If not, I would suspect the main fuse that is buried somewhere between battery and fuse board. 
before changing it, make sure to turn off the extractor. It may not be the extractor that’s faulty, but as it caused the problem, it’s a fair bet. 
Please keep us updated 

Thank you.....I'm switched off and rooting for the fuse board!

I've taken the battery out but cannot find a fuse board. We will keep all electric off until the morning and ask the site owner for help. Thank you anyway.

Thank you Lockin.....I have now found all the fuses.........I dont know which is the main fuse.....there are lots of separate fuses for all the different things in the caravan. Shall I replace the extracter fan 10v fuse in the morning as this was what caused the problem....or do I need to search for a main fuse??

You need to find the blown fuse. 

Sometimes you can hold them up to a bright light and see a break in the wire inside. 

Better still is to use a multimeter 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

2 minutes ago, Caroline and Rosie said:

Thank you Lockin.....I have now found all the fuses.........I dont know which is the main fuse.....there are lots of separate fuses for all the different things in the caravan. Shall I replace the extracter fan 10v fuse in the morning as this was what caused the problem....or do I need to search for a main fuse??

9 minutes ago, WispMan said:

You need to fi d the blown fuse. 

Sometimes you can hold them up to a bright light and see a break in the wife inside. 

Better still is to use a multimeter 

You are a genius!!! THANK YOU!! I held them to the light and found the light socket fuse had blown. I swapped the 5v fuse from the fire and all is working. THANK YOU SO MUCH XXX

Lets hope it doesn't get cold :D:D:D

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

My invoice is on its way to you but there is good news. 

I've only added 5% VAT:P

The plug sockets work off circuit breakers which will be near the fuses but look like switches. They break the mains voltage. Fi d one that is down instead of up. Or t'other way round:lol:

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Assuming you mean the 240 volt sockets check your circuit breakers, usually in the same place as the fuses. If one is pointing down it has tripped

The lights are 12 volt off the battery and the sockets are 240 v.  off the mains

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

You should see us.....its like a comedy sketch! Trip switch now up and all is working wahooooo! Thank you for all your help xxx

5 minutes ago, WispMan said:

My invoice is on its way to you but there is good news. 

I've only added 5% VAT:P

The plug sockets work off circuit breakers which will be near the fuses but look like switches. They break the mains voltage. Fi d one that is down instead of up. Or t'other way round:lol:

We can start our holiday now whoopie ! !  If you ever need an injection or leg ulcer dressing......you know where to come.xxxx

2 hours ago, Caroline and Rosie said:

Its getting late...can anyone help us with advice please???

Post deleted, as you are now up and running.

Is this your first time away in this particular caravan, or have you used it many times before without fault?

Edited by Guest