Happy Bowl Toilet liners

Hi there all!  Has anyone been able to locate the Happy Bowl liners? Everywhere seems  to be out of stock-I wonder why?  Any other suggestions?  Thanks David.

We’ve used them for many years (the OH insists), and we noticed they were becoming rarer a while ago, so we stocked up.

They’ve  been mentioned a few times recently on Facebook, so perhaps word has got round and there’s been a rush on them?

John

We usually get ours from Towsure who have been out of stock for a while now. I called them and they advised they don't know when they will be back in stock, it seems the manufacturer is no longer supplying the UK market. Perhaps there is too much demand elsewhere. 

They couldn't tell me if it's likely to be a short or long term issue. 

Mercedes E350 CDi AMG Cabriolet, Lunar Freelander 640EW Twin Axle @1700kg

what about the liners used for commodes, would those be of any use?  Another thing, what about disposal, I know it says biodegradable, but some sites are fussy as to what you dispose of :unsure:

2 hours ago, PMW said:

We usually get ours from Towsure who have been out of stock for a while now. I called them and they advised they don't know when they will be back in stock, it seems the manufacturer is no longer supplying the UK market. Perhaps there is too much demand elsewhere. 

..did you miss a 't' from the last word?

Sam :beardy:   RR Sport HSE Dynamic towing Swift Elegance Grande 845

45 minutes ago, SamD said:

..did you miss a 't' from the last word?

a tissue of lies, I refute everything

Mercedes E350 CDi AMG Cabriolet, Lunar Freelander 640EW Twin Axle @1700kg

4 hours ago, Colinf70 said:

Got some off eBay 2weeks ago

An eBay search now finds nothing - not even ‘out of stock’.

John

I tried to get some of these before our first trip. Toilet roll does the job just fine and we use our loo a lot with a 2 and 5 year old! 

2018 Octavia vRS 245 TSI Estate & 2016 Adria Altea 552 DT Tamar

Hi there again. Thanks for all the replies.Looks like I will have to give up the Happy Bowl idea and rely on toilet paper or chance it using the toilet blocks. Must admit we have never used the van loo for solids!  There's always a first time!  Regards  and keep safe. David.

we went to a CMC site last week  and I'm  still here to tell the tale, I admit we used the toilet block as little as possible , but it was well organised and we felt safe on site with  everyone doing as they were asked.  Sometimes we have to take a calculated risk :o

On 23/07/2020 at 12:42, PMW said:

I have never heard of Happy Bowl, fancy trying them, no stock in the UK, emailed Happy Bowl in Santa Barbara USA.

Hi Happy Bowl Liners are no longer available in the UK?
Is it likely that they will be available soon?

Regards

Happy Bowl Reply:

Yes!!!   Freight headed there now.  Covid causes major import issues

12 hours ago, dave56 said:

Must admit we have never used the van loo for solids! 

If you open the flap prior to use, you very rarely get any “evidence” of your visit. If there is any, a quick wipe with toilet paper and it’s sorted. 

9 minutes ago, Lost in the wilderness said:

If you open the flap prior to use, you very rarely get any “evidence” of your visit. If there is any, a quick wipe with toilet paper and it’s sorted. 

Im amazed how many people don't do this. I can't imagine ever using the toilet with the flap closed, it just wouldn't enter into my mind.

12 hours ago, LeadFarmer said:

Im amazed how many people don't do this. I can't imagine ever using the toilet with the flap closed, it just wouldn't enter into my mind.

Because in the instruction book it tells you to keep the flap closed to maintain a proper seal. Always have my flap closed.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.

We always kept our flap closed too. Can't imagine keeping it open! :o

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

44 minutes ago, IanV8 said:

Because in the instruction book it tells you to keep the flap closed to maintain a proper seal. Always have my flap closed.

Ian

But that’s referring to when it’s not in use, Ian.

John

Is that like the medicine bottle that says "keep the bottle tightly corked"?

• 6 months later...

Happybowl liners in stock! In the Netherlands, will send them everywhere. 

Regards Herman 

Closed tight when not in use.

open when in use.

never use public toilets.

never ever  have smell!

use correct amount chemical additive.small amount water ,swished.

empty every other day,two people!nil smell when emptying .

As above, secret is give the bowl a short flush before performing No 2s, rarely any evidence.

Our toilet bowl did become coated with limescale and hence slightly rough, but an occasional use of Thetford Toilet Bowl Cleaner removes any scale and leaves the bowl really smooth with "rarely any evidence" when used for number 2's. Easily removed with the toilet brush.

John.

• 1 month later...

Just bought some Happy Bowl Liners off EBAY.

Out in the van in mid April, but all communal areas will be closed on site until 17th May.

Have always used on site facilities, but the reviews are excellent for Happy Bowl Liners, so going to give them a try.

• 1 month later...

Just returned from our 3 night weekend away and the Happy Bowl Liners worked a treat. Brilliant!

21 minutes ago, Stevo Brown said:

Just returned from our 3 night weekend away and the Happy Bowl Liners worked a treat. Brilliant!

We used them for the first time last week too and found them very good. However, I don’t think I’ll buy any more when they run out, as criss-crossing a few sheets of toilet paper in the bowl will probably do the same job.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2017 Coachman Pastiche 565.