Freedom sunseeker n126 replacement wheels

Not used my caravan in 2 years since purchase, sat on drive neglected, so have recently been sorting things out to finally get using it. One of the tyres is flat, both steel wheels are more rust than steel. At a minimum I'd change both tyres (spare is ok, 2017 tyre) however I'd like to replace with alloys, if not new steel wheels, rather than just stick wheel trims on. Freedom had some listed with tyres, now OOS but they didn't know if they would fit the van.

Currently the tyres are 155/80 r13. 4stud 100mm.

Also read I'll need new stud bolts for alloys, but they're all varying lengths.

Anyone recommend alloys that would fit, or if not a pair of suitable steel rims with tyres?

Thanks

The best thing to do is have a word with Tom in parts on 01889 883 088 for Freedom vans. 

I have on record that all Freedom Caravan spare wheels are steel, with a 4 stud pattern & 98mm PCD. 

Tyre sizes for my Jetstream are – 165X80R13.

Anyway, speak to Tom and he will see you right.

Might be worth giving Freedom a ring and asking them re the ones they have listed. I had a Freedom many years ago and think that like most caravans/ trailers they use fairly standard rims. The should be marked something like 5.5J x 15 they will also have a 'ET' number this is the offset. You probably won't be able to read it if rusted but may be able to read spare, or look in handbook,then look on websites (google western towing or trailertek) that do trailer spares many of them sell rims with or without tyres, alternatively take this information to a local decent tyre place (I find the independent one the best) and ask them and I'm sure they can supply. 

Sorry my post overlapped with 'BOAC'

Edited by jonply

I in my mid 30's and caravan with my caravaning cat all year.  Honda CRV '65' Plate 1.6 Diesel towing Swift Corniche 15/2E 1995  Hyundai Santa Fe towing Adria Dart (with weight upgrade to 1800 kg)

If I was you in the interests of road safety for others, I would stick to the wheels which the manufacturer recommends or sells. Personally I think steel wheels are better for caravans anyway.

Ern

On 20/07/2020 at 21:04, Ern said:

If I was you in the interests of road safety for others, I would stick to the wheels which the manufacturer recommends or sells. Personally I think steel wheels are better for caravans anyway.

I looked at alloys as supposedly lighter.

I had emailed freedom a while back, they didn't know either for certain.

I'll check the spare wheel which might be in better condition