Just spent four hours giving the van it’s first thorough clean of the year & very pleased I did having found a dead chick on the roof . It was quite a large one so maybe a blackbird & was starting to stick to the paintwork, a bit of time with the hosepipe managed to free it & a bit of elbow grease got rid of the stain  , shudder to think what might have happened if I’d not spotted it . 

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.

I did my first clean in early March then went off to Southport.

Two days after we returned it was 'Lockdown'

Just got the van back out of storage to do it all again...Amazing how much dirt can collect going nowhere!

• Like 1

Trevor.

On 20/07/2020 at 16:44, stevew1 said:

Just spent four hours giving the van it’s first thorough clean of the year & very pleased I did having found a dead chick on the roof . It was quite a large one so maybe a blackbird & was starting to stick to the paintwork, a bit of time with the hosepipe managed to free it & a bit of elbow grease got rid of the stain  , shudder to think what might have happened if I’d not spotted it . 

We did a Motorhome a couple of weeks ago that had been in Spain and returned just as lockdown struck, and found a live lizard scurrying across the roof.  It seemed to be living under one of the roof lights quite happily. 

• Haha 2

Tourershine Job Blog here: https://tourershineblog. wordpress. com where we give full run-downs of some of the most interesting work we carry out.

Check out the latest blog to see one of the most common issues we fix. .

1 hour ago, Tourershine said:

We did a Motorhome a couple of weeks ago that had been in Spain and returned just as lockdown struck, and found a live lizard scurrying across the roof.  It seemed to be living under one of the roof lights quite happily. 

What do you do about such a lizard?

Was it wearing a mask🤣

26 minutes ago, limecc said:

14 day quarantine of course😂

• Haha 3

2018 Volvo XC60  D4 AWD + Penshurst Premier Plus (AKA Elddis Affinity 550)

51 minutes ago, limecc said:

Poach in a red wine sauce and serve with jersey royals

• Haha 3

Found 8 year old unopened packet of biscuits wedged between sink and top of fridge in sons caravan,  didn't bother opening them though.

In our van I found a screwdriver and a full pack of snap off utility knife blades behind the mover control box.

Hope they are better at fitting movers than they are at looking after their gear!

Our Avondale had enough screws laying about that you could probably have built another with them.

On 20/07/2020 at 19:26, reluctant said:

I did my first clean in early March then went off to Southport.

Two days after we returned it was 'Lockdown'

Just got the van back out of storage to do it all again...Amazing how much dirt can collect going nowhere!

A case for a caravan cover perhaps?

1 hour ago, Wildwood said:

Our Avondale had enough screws laying about that you could probably have built another with them.

That reminds me of a short conversation between a 1999 Aviat Husky pilot (Home built) and a Boeing 747 pilot in the US. The 747 pilot looked down scornfully at it and Air traffic conversation was as follows:-

(747) Thats a pretty bird. Did it hatch or did you find it in the trash?

(Husky) Neither. I built it from bits that fall off 747's.

Sorry to hi-jack but I thought you would like the above.

• Thanks 1

On 20/07/2020 at 16:44, stevew1 said:

It would have died.

• Haha 1

Ern

Unrolled a windbreaker couple months after winter in Spain!a whopping great sand lizard ran across the garden into a hedge,very carefully a while later I unrolled the rest of it and a baby one jumped out and went after mum!  I wouldn’t wish them to die,but neither do I want a plague in my garden.