Truma Ultraflow Smart Switch leaking

Our first trip in our brand new caravan fitted with Truma Ultraflow combi boiler.  During last night the caravan flooded. The problem is that when we turn the water pump on water is spurting out of the Smart Switch. 

Any ideas why this would suddenly happen? Was working fine yest afternoon and evening. 

Sounds like a seal or gasket blown,shame in new van,if it is brand new don’t attempt a repair of any kind as the dealer/and or manufacture will not allow warranty!

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Pheasant said:

Sounds like a seal or gasket blown,shame in new van,if it is brand new don’t attempt a repair of any kind as the dealer/and or manufacture will not allow warranty!

Thanks on day 1 of a 10 day holiday...quite annoying to say the least..  luckily campsite showers and washing up areas open so we can manage. Might of well have brought the tent!!

59 minutes ago, Pheasant said:

I agree with the above, but just check that it is pressed home fully on pipe, as you away it may be worth contacting your dealer and see if they may allow local repair or replacement and reimburse you latter so that it does not affect your holiday too much. 

• Thanks 1

I in my mid 30's and caravan with my caravaning cat all year.  Honda CRV '65' Plate 1.6 Diesel towing Swift Corniche 15/2E 1995  Hyundai Santa Fe towing Adria Dart (with weight upgrade to 1800 kg)

29 minutes ago, jonply said:

I agree with the above, but just check that it is pressed home fully on pipe, as you away it may be worth contacting your dealer and see if they may allow local repair or replacement and reimburse you latter so that it does not affect your holiday too much. 

Thanks everything is tight where white water pipe attaches to switch and ring is screwed on tight. We have called dealer and he suggested we drive it back (2.5 hours away!) But he has put us in touch with a local repair person who may be free on Tues. All caravan bailey dealers around here are shut until Monday....

Clearly a faulty part.  https://shop.caravanclub.co.uk/product/1040553/pt2-ultraflow-smart-switch-pressure-switch  Should be relatively simple to swap out if Dealer gets a wiggle on to send a replacement part out to your site, and you are that way inclined (to diy)?  Any mobile may (or may not) have the part on board- note Prima say 'available to order', so don't appear to have stock!

• Thanks 1

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

It looks very like the Mid-Service Centre switch that I had on my last caravan. I let it freeze and it failed just like the one in the OP's clip. So much for the dealer's PDI, eh?

• Thanks 1

hawkaye :beardy:

15 hours ago, hawkaye said:

It looks very like the Mid-Service Centre switch that I had on my last caravan. I let it freeze and it failed just like the one in the OP's clip. So much for the dealer's PDI, eh?

It is a demo model so could have  been on their forecourt over winter.... it worked for a whole day before blowing so guess the PDI would  not have picked it up.... what should we do over winter then do we need to pack insulator round it? 

45 minutes ago, Sarah12345 said:

It is a demo model so could have  been on their forecourt over winter.... it worked for a whole day before blowing so guess the PDI would  not have picked it up.... what should we do over winter then do we need to pack insulator round it? 

Mine was a retro fit to an old caravan and I fitted the switch to a really convenient place on its side so it didn't drain. Yours looks to be mounted correctly with the connection to the water system pointing downwards. Its replacement was repositioned so it was upright and lasted eight winters with normal draining. Drain the system over winter and that should be enough.

• Thanks 1

hawkaye :beardy:

Had exactly the same in a week old Bailey, 51l into the van by stealth. I hear of 3-4 others very recently. A bad batch of switches I think.

• 3 weeks later...