Download the brochure its easier to see what you get than the configurator which takes some working out to use it.

There is also an electric towbar as an option, cost around £600.

https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxeu/uk/documents/brochures/cars/BRO-kuga_new.pdf

https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxeu/uk/documents/feature-pdfs/FT-new_kuga.pdf

1 hour ago, Watson(JohnG) said:

Just ordered Titanium 190 PS diesel auto so hope they make them!!

Its called:

2.0L EcoBlue190PSDiesel

They told me its a new engine

New to the Kuga?  I think it may well be the same engine as is in my Galaxy;  with the same new Ford 8-speed torque converter auto box.  I could be wrong as the Euro 6.2 + DPF (my Galaxy) vs Euro 6D Temp descriptions may mean very different beasts (although I think they are the same via Googling the two standards)?

The Ford factory fit swing down 'deployable towbar' is a very good buy.  I miss the manually deployable swing-down I had on the last Galaxy (my aftermarket detachable makes me to kneel down on the floor) .

NB I read the option as electric release and will need manual swing down to latch and the reverse process to stow back.  But check with Ford?

{My Galaxy owners manual does Talk of a fully electrically operated one, but is priced at £1,200 and is dealer fitted.}.

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

I believe the electric towbar operates the same as my Tiguan, a switch in the boot drops it down, it then requires moving up by hand till it latches, release is again operation of the boot switch to drop it down, then needs to be pushed up out of sight by hand.

• I agree completely 1

1 hour ago, Rodders53 said:

{My Galaxy owners manual does Talk of a fully electrically operated one, but is priced at £1,200 and is dealer fitted.}.

My dealer does not fit towbars so make sures will before counting on that.

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

I’ve got the electric towbar and it does neeed a hand to to fix and put away

it’s really neat but when parked it’s upside down and tow ball covers fill with water making the ball rusty and messy

Just decided it’s better without the cover

BMW X3 X Drive and Swift Challenger 580SE

28 minutes ago, Watson(JohnG) said:

but when parked it’s upside down and tow ball covers fill with water making the ball rusty

Drill some small holes in it to let any water drain out

That’s a thought

In the winter when not needed for towing nylon ties round the flexible cover work well but a nuisance when towing more frequently 

The factory wiring worked fridge etc really well but no indicator bleeper

Edited by Watson(JohnG)

Plastic bag and elastic band ??

1 hour ago, Watson(JohnG) said:

That’s a thought

In the winter when not needed for towing nylon ties round the flexible cover work well but a nuisance when towing more frequently 

The factory wiring worked fridge etc really well but no indicator bleeper

With Canbus, the indicators on the van work in exactly the same way as on the car, so the flashing rate changes to let you know

Larry from Essex

2019 Bailey Unicorn Cabrera 2017 Kuga 2. 0 TDCi 150

16 hours ago, Legal Eagle said:

Go on to the Ford website, select the New Ford Kuga then Build & Price. Under the "Drive" option there are 4 diesel engine/gearbox configurations.

I knew I would be proved wrong.

I have been involved with PCs since they first came in so I'm no newbee, but  I am surprised how awkward the site is to navigate.  I did assume there would be a diesel but still could not find it. 

Chris in Warwickshire, Elddis Odyssey 482 (2008), Mitsubishi Outlander diesel, 2017

4 hours ago, Watson(JohnG) said:

I’ve got the electric towbar and it does neeed a hand to to fix and put away

it’s really neat but when parked it’s upside down and tow ball covers fill with water making the ball rusty and messy

Just decided it’s better without the cover

Tiguan is the same.

I've found greasing the ball and covering with a balloon works for me, some use a condom.

Then use brake cleaner before use, on holiday i don't regrease just apply a balloon.

• Haha 1

Does anyone know if the spare wheel off my 2018 Kuga will fit the new 2020 model

Dealer is letting me know!?

We have just changed our 2017 Ford Kuga for a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, the Kuga powershift 150 bhp performed faultlessly throughout our 3 years of ownership about 40 mpg solo/ 28mpg towing, we would have gone for the new Ford Kuga 2.5 PHEV but unfortunately it can only tow 1200kg

2020 Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4  PHEV and 2016 Swift Conqueror 480 HT

Brochure as far as I can see does not mention the spare, what makes you think the space saver would be different sizes over the years?

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

I don’t expect it to be different but the dealer was unsure

Makes no difference but it’s full size wheel

Its the bolt spacings that are in doubt

Edited by Watson(JohnG)
More info

1 hour ago, David 38 said:

Brochure as far as I can see does not mention the spare, what makes you think the space saver would be different sizes over the years?

Its suitability depends on which size wheel and tyre it was supplied with.

My xtrail fitted with 17" wheels was supplied with a 16" steel wheel.  Its suitability can be calculated on line.

8 hours ago, David 38 said:

I was quoted £100 by 2 dealers for a space saver spare without asking

I already have the space saver that came with present Kuga and 17 inch alloy which allowing for tyre profile would do as a spare with the 18 inch wheels fitted to the new car if it will fit the bolt spacings

So are new cars coming without a spare at all?

Regards, David

It would appear so as both dealers quoted as a matter of course £100 without being asked

• Sad 1

They have been for ages... 

Larry from Essex

2019 Bailey Unicorn Cabrera 2017 Kuga 2. 0 TDCi 150