40 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

Might have something to do with the 14 day self isolation required on return to the U.K.  ??

Brother in law is a Sat diver, got back from Iran just over 2 weeks ago. He had two phone calls and a visit to check he was isolating !  He spent the two weeks counting all the dollar bills he had been paid in. Due to the sanctions cash  was the only way he could be paid. He reckons he was a tad nervous on the way to the airport with all that dosh on him! 

I see France are talking about making anyone who arrives from the U.K. having to self isolate for 14 days. Tit for tat??? 

They would need to isolate in France for two weeks so may not be allowed on the site. Then isolate for two weeks back in the UK.

anyone going to France now needs plenty of time on their hands, not sure how they’ll eat during the first isolation either.

• I disagree 1
  • I agree completely 1
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you'll find that WE, not just Boris, want independence, decided through a democratic process.

Certainly isnt. However the majority of those who bothered to vote DID vote to leave, and in a democracy it’s the majority’s choice (regardless of the size of the majority) that’s adopted, and that’s

If I had booked and couldn't get a refund I would go. If I had booked and could get a refund I would cancel.  If I hadn't booked I would not even contemplate making a new booking.  

I has hoped to go to France in September but won't consider it now. The quarantine bit doesn't worry me but as the Government have advised against travel, then my insurance becomes invalid and I wouldn't go without it.

John M

• Sad 1
  • I agree completely 1

2017 Skoda Superb Estate 2. 0 Tdi 190; 2014 Swift Challenger 530SE + Powrtouch Evolution

On 24/08/2020 at 20:17, WispMan said:

You can but ask them but the choice is yours so I wouldn't hold out too much hope for a refund. But let us know what they say. 

The owners have offered me a credit for up to 24 months, so I'm happy with that, we have already planned something different for next year so now we have 2022 fixed up....:D 

Volvo XC60 & Hobby Premium 540efu

2 hours ago, Nick J said:

The owners have offered me a credit for up to 24 months, so I'm happy with that, we have already planned something different for next year so now we have 2022 fixed up....:D 

we’ve just had a credit note too from the site we were due to stay at so are planning for next years holiday. 

• 2 weeks later...

We're off to Italy this weekend, travelling through Switzerland on our way there but we will be returning via France the first week in October, stopping over in the Haute Savoie for about a week. Will report on our experiences as we travel.

We've been taking our 'van to France every year for many years but not this year.  It will still be there next year and hopefully we will be able to go then and be protected with the promised vaccine to ward off the virus.   :)

John.  

• I agree completely 1

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, why humiliate him?

I wouldn't put money on having a vaccination by next summer. The std time is 10 years to produce and test, but I agree we won't be going abroad till there's a vaccine. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

1 hour ago, WispMan said:

I wouldn't put money on having a vaccination by next summer. The std time is 10 years to produce and test, but I agree we won't be going abroad till there's a vaccine. 

That’s If you are still around!ten years is a very long time to postpone?

Well that's my mind made up, I will not leave my home in France to visit the UK until I know it is safe there

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Now living in Haute Vienne France

We hope to be going next year but really the things we love - the morning jaunt to the boulangerie, the crowded markets, the menus du jour - will all be much less enjoyable if we have to wear masks etc so will wait and see.

In the greater scheme of things, missing a year's trip isn't a disaster. Being hospitalised or worse would be.

• I agree completely 3

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2, 1955 Francis Barnett Cruiser 75

On 07/09/2020 at 18:57, MGBGTV8 said:

Well that's my mind made up, I will not leave my home in France to visit the UK until I know it is safe there

Hi MGB,

I agree, found this and UK is worse than here in France.  Spain is worse, so they are not the places I would want to visit at the moment....check out the WHO map for cases. https://covid19.who.int/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyaLtuN_q6wIVCLLVCh1OtQgyEAAYASAAEgI9wPD_BwE

M

• Like 1

Gite and 6 pitch CL type Campsite https://labucaille.com/ Normandie France

On 15/09/2020 at 10:53, MDM said:

Hi MGB,

I agree, found this and UK is worse than here in France.  Spain is worse, so they are not the places I would want to visit at the moment....check out the WHO map for cases. https://covid19.who.int/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyaLtuN_q6wIVCLLVCh1OtQgyEAAYASAAEgI9wPD_BwE

M

Even friends and family are saying stay in France,  Just had a few nights at Le Porge Ocean, very quiet and relaxing.

• Like 1

Now living in Haute Vienne France

Currently on a private site near Rock, Cornwall. The owners says he opened up on 4th July and has been full ever since, never known a summer like it! 

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

From my bit of research,almost every campsite in Devon,Cornwall,Somerset is full! Most saying never been so busy this time of year,the cold weather,if it comes,may alter the situation overnight.

last week in south Devon every place we went to was literally heaving with people,only place we felt comfortable was Dartmoor,and that was busy.

We were looking into France until the qurantine came in, then booked into this site near Falmouth in Cornwall for last week and another for week 2 in Devon (which closed today for the season). 

It was a delightful quiet site with no tents as toilets and showers all closed and is showing availability this week. ;)