David 38

Various caravan clubs and Rallies

What are the clubs doing about rallies from now on?

As most will know there are many clubs that hold weekend and holiday rallies for their members I'm in a smaller club and I've just been informed all rallies are cancelled to at least end of August.   

Are other clubs cancelling their rallies and why I'm at a loss to work it out why I can book as an individual onto a site now with Government approval but can't go to a rally in their rally field?

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

I think it is seen as a mass gathering (if thats the right description). 

Ern

CMHC have cancelled July rallies because they are a ‘social gathering’ And that is still prohibited.

Some centres have cancelled all rallies for this year.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.

C&CC are hoping to restart meets and THSs from 1st August.

John

Not quite true IanV8, centre rallies can continue if on a commercial site. Rules regarding social distancing and gahterings still apply so they will generally be just a group of friends going to the same site!

Discovery D3 HSE + Coachman VIP 575/4 2016

www.pennplanning.co.uk

2 minutes ago, Wonky said:

Not quite true IanV8, centre rallies can continue if on a commercial site. Rules regarding social distancing and gahterings still apply so they will generally be just a group of friends going to the same site!

Not what the statement from CMHC stated. If they have said no rallies there won’t be any insurance cover even if on a site.

Ian

Part of the problem David is that most rallies are attended by and run by people of our generation with all the health issues that go with age. Many are still isolating or shielding, so it is better to cancel early than leave it to the last minute to cancel because of lack of attendees or volunteer wardens.

54 minutes ago, Wonky said:

A rally without social gatherings and maintaining social distancing just wouldn't be a rally!

• I agree completely 1

2 hours ago, Stevan said:

A rally without social gatherings and maintaining social distancing just wouldn't be a rally!

Total agree the heart torn out of being there.

In my case the rally was to be at a commercial site, presume in a rally field separate from the commercial site and the CNC CL so consideration is now being made on our booking on the CL and if full on the commercial site again if not full.

We need to get away for a holiday break.

( I guess you know where I was going.)

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

27 minutes ago, David 38 said:

Total agree the heart torn out of being there.

In my case the rally was to be at a commercial site, presume in a rally field separate from the commercial site and the CNC CL so consideration is now being made on our booking on the CL and if full on the commercial site again if not full.

We need to get away for a holiday break.

( I guess you know where I was going.)

We are thinking along the same lines, I have sent a PM.

Don't forget, that when a rally on a commercial site is cancelled the pitches still exist and the site owners would very much like to fill them. 

Yes now booked as individual on field that the cancelled rally was to held.

Crasy, apparently Gatherings are banned by Government and a rally is a Gathering.

Regards, David

30 minutes ago, David 38 said:

Yes now booked as individual on field that the cancelled rally was to held.

Crasy, apparently Gatherings are banned by Government and a rally is a Gathering.

Not actually crazy, it is the social aspect of a rally that is the risk factor. How many club members will be able to resist the temptation to give long standing friends, who they may not have seen since last season, a handshake or a hug? Or share a coffee pot while sitting 2 metres apart?

And a shared supper in a meeting ten is definitely a significant risk factor.

See you there!

I agree a normal rally activities will be cancelled or curtailed or have conditions applied but to me the whole rally being cancelled is a step too far.

By the way the first one to arrive gets kettle on for the other, I hope that not banned.  :-)

Regards, David

31 minutes ago, David 38 said:

I agree a normal rally activities will be cancelled or curtailed or have conditions applied but to me the whole rally being cancelled is a step too far.

By the way the first one to arrive gets kettle on for the other, I hope that not banned.  :-)

It is not just about specific activities being banned. If a club holds a rally, the club itself becomes liable if any of the regulations are breached even though the club is unable to reliably predict or control the behaviour of individuals.

Most, (all?) clubs have insufficient resources to put together sufficiently detailed guidance for rally wardens to ensure that all regulations in force at the time are being complied with, bearing in mind that these regulations, and their interpretations change on an almost weekly basis and are not, in themselves, specific to caravan rallies.

Caution dictates that the clubs refuse to sanction rallies, but members are free, as individuals, to holiday at the same locations if they wish and are personally responsible for their own actions.

Taken from the letter to centres: 

In the event that bookings have been made by Centres for members to use pitches on commercially-licensed caravan sites, these can be discussed with the site operator who operates the site under their own licence, and does not require the use of the Club’s exemption certificate. 

This, in effect means that 'ralliers' can go onto site but are not designated as a rally hence insurance is not applicable.

This confirms what has been said above in that commercial sites are ok but sites where the exemption certificate is required cannot go ahead legally.

ATB

• I agree completely 1

Discovery D3 HSE + Coachman VIP 575/4 2016

www.pennplanning.co.uk

From the Club website.

What’s happening about rallies?

In line with recent Government guidance associated with gatherings of more than 30 people being illegal, the Club has cancelled all rallies for the month of July. The situation will continue to be reviewed on a monthly basis or as further advice is published.

Ian

Posted (edited)

C+cc Have a issued a GREEN PAPER for DA, Section and THS rallies. Its very comprehensive . Suggesting pre booked pitches, payment in advance or by electronic payment, on arrival can't get out of car, stewards must be in a "NON HABITABLE" structure at reception point. Regular cleaning of service points, No social gatherings. THS's can start from 1st August following the guide lines. As the C+cc don't seem to want "Social camping" any more ie no NFOL ,no separate OUT & ABOUT supplement in magazine, think this just about kills it. Well done the suits.

Edited by lunarloopy

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her