Garmin BC40 rear view camera

I was interested in getting a Garmin BC40 wireless rear view camera which is compatible with my Avtex Tourer 2 sat nav.  When looking at them they don't seem very substantial or secure.  Has anybody fitted one to the back of their caravan as I would be interested in their comments.

I'm investigating rear view cameras at present the use of wifi came up in my investigation but several people said they interfere with their DAB radio, so something for you to consider.

im sure many we be along after me with better cameras, but ive got a standard camera and 7 inch monitor and they are both powered via the caravan 12v as i dont use the 2nd plug so my battery can be used, mines wired under the van to the hitch and another wire into the car and when we go away i simply link the wires and turn on in the caravan, works great no interference, some say its a faf but fine for me,, old v new [the bigger 1 is the new 1 and is much  better]

20180726_171059.jpg

IMG-20180726-WA0012.jpeg

20180803_183523.jpg

Edited by robbie244

I'm trying one out at the moment, I've used the Garmin number plate holder on the rear of the caravan attached with some very strong double sided number plate tape (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383503800908)

There is no sign of the holder moving and I can take the camera off when it is in storage. The range has recently been improved to 13m with the latest software update. Our first trip out will be this week, so will see how it goes. 

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Robbie, I'm in the market looking for reversing camera. I was wondering what make the new camera is. I was thinking about wireless but dont mind the hard wires option either.

I am thinking I will mainly use it as a rear view whilst driving, but handy for reversing as well.

hi Stuart, im unsure what brand it is but i decided at the time a bit bigger and better distance, reason for changing was the smaller 1 flickered a lot on the monitor and the new one doesnt so much better, mines on all the time when driving and i find it easier and safer, like for reversing onto the pitch

this is mine, may have different specs 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waterproof-Reversing-Camera-Car-Van-Security-Rear-View-18-IR-LED-Night-Vision/392807249674?hash=item5b7522f70a:g:RLcAAOSwMNJd8fQ8

my 1st cam came with monitor so didnt need that second time

it looks messy  but isnt and works great

20200404_163955.jpg

20200404_164021.jpg

20190615_191217.jpg

Edited by robbie244