Sign in to follow this  
BM Bairn

Isabella query

So, collected our Air Cirrus North 400 awning from the stockist / dealership yesterday.

Unpacked it in the garage quickly to give it the once over and noticed that the Universal Wheel Arch cover is only for a single axle not a twin.

Does anyone know if this is normal and I need to purchase a TA one on top of the purchase price or should the dealer have specified it was for a TA when ordering from Isabella? The brochure / website Doesn’t mention any distinction other than when buying them separately where they have different part numbers.

Towing: 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

Tow Car: 2020 BMW X3 M40i

When I got my Isabella the dealer wanted to know about my van it was a Bailey and I needed different pads and I am sure it was a specific to my van wheel cover 

Hi BM, we got ours a couple of weeks back and di exactly the same as you by  unpacking it all in the garage, it does seem like  that the wheel arch cover is only or a single axle. You would think at this price point they would allow for both the single and twin axle vans:blink: I wonder what comes with the full awnings !!

Contact Isabella UK, they have been for us a very helpful bunch, they might painlessly sort you out.   Isabella online contact

Possibly best via a friendly chat:    Tel.: 01844 20 2099

Thanks, yeah I’ve dropped them a message.

As mentioned, after spending this amount of money, it’s a bit off if they can’t even offer an option at point of ordering.

Will await their reply.

1 hour ago, BM Bairn said:

Thanks, yeah I’ve dropped them a message.

As mentioned, after spending this amount of money, it’s a bit off if they can’t even offer an option at point of ordering.

Will await their reply.

Same here, hopefully it can be resolved ASAP 👍

• Like 1

I’ve always found them to be very helpful. 

• Like 1

Just priced a twin axle one at £42

If Isabella insist there’s nowt they can do I’ll be buying a generic one like the  Kampa one at £19

40 minutes ago, BM Bairn said:

Just priced a twin axle one at £42

If Isabella insist there’s nowt they can do I’ll be buying a generic one like the  Kampa one at £19

I wouldn’t spoil the ship......

Kampa stuff........buy cheap, buy twice

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 1

15 hours ago, Tuningdrew said:

I wouldn’t spoil the ship......

Kampa stuff........buy cheap, buy twice

I know, I think it would’ve bugged me having two different brands :blink:

A good result and promptly too.

For the benefit of future customers, the fault for my issue lay with the stockist, who are supposed to ask the customer if a single or double is required. Here’s the response from Isabella customer care.

All sorted once it arrives :D

Hello

Thank you for your enquiry.

Normally when ordering, if you specify a double, the dealer will swap it out.  However, on this occasion, please provide you address and we will send a double out to you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 1

If all companies could be as helpful,  much the result I expected from Isabella UK.

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 2

Yeah, really impressed and much as I had been led to believe by others experience too.

And that’s why they are the leading brand in awnings,great customer service, prompt reply and issue resolved. Seems the dealers selling them are forgetting to ask, they are just thrilled to be taking some money :D anyway all sorted, so happy days 👍 We have 3 nights booked locally  this weekend so we can try it out for size, if I remember I will post a picture :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, V8Vmarkie said:

And that’s why they are the leading brand in awnings,great customer service, prompt reply and issue resolved. Seems the dealers selling them are forgetting to ask, they are just thrilled to be taking some money :D anyway all sorted, so happy days 👍 We have 3 nights booked locally  this weekend so we can try it out for size, if I remember I will post a picture :)

That’s probably what it is haha! I might let the dealership know, not to complain as such, so it doesn’t happen with the future customers.

Would be great to hear how it goes this weekend on your trip, have a good one :)

1 hour ago, Tandem Man said:

Isabella customer service is the best without a doubt,polite and helpful.

Ian

I know they’re more expensive but the quality, from what I’ve seen so far, and 5 star customer care helps justify it. Well impressed :D

So the twin axle wheel cover arrived really quickly from Isabella yesterday.

As soon as I’d finished work today I went out and fitted the rail etc.

All fairly straightforward provided you take time to clean the area, level it and Apply the 3M tape neatly, before ensuring you stick it on in line with your pencil marks (important to get it right first time).

Heres some pics.

09358BC8-D0FB-4285-A9ED-A19273BF0976.jpeg

B5FB2C71-0291-456B-8608-E2B85706D50D.jpeg

ECA6D281-5D06-4B66-B891-0DEEE113A744.jpeg

2D763A54-7D49-4859-BFF9-CDBB9BE6E3A3.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Had one of these on both our TAs. I used to be really careful to get the fold in the right place to keep the draught  skirt nice and straight across the wheels  Then I discovered you can straighten it up afterwards, there’s enough free play of the cover in the slotted rail to allow you to level it up. 

• Like 1

Our wheel arch  covers arrived Friday  B) we took off for a long weekend at Norman Hurst  court Battle on Thursday so unable to make use of the new cover,we  did however erect the awning:D it’s a lovely bit of kit, the quality is fantastic, pretty easy to feed into the rail, really like the single inflation point went up really quick using the hand pump supplied 👍 The roof hight plus the upright front means you can make use of the whole floor area just like a polled awning 👍 So overall we are 100% happy with our decision to invest in this awning 😎😀

FB140AAD-46E1-4990-8BBA-135334A2BCCE.jpeg

AB83461E-A880-4812-8C71-054019449ADB.jpeg

• I agree completely 2

On 10/07/2020 at 21:34, Tuningdrew said:

Had one of these on both our TAs. I used to be really careful to get the fold in the right place to keep the draught  skirt nice and straight across the wheels  Then I discovered you can straighten it up afterwards, there’s enough free play of the cover in the slotted rail to allow you to level it up. 

Ah good to know thanks. I was going to mark it so I got the same position but not required from what you’re saying. Cheers

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, V8Vmarkie said:

Our wheel arch  covers arrived Friday  B) we took off for a long weekend at Norman Hurst  court Battle on Thursday so unable to make use of the new cover,we  did however erect the awning:D it’s a lovely bit of kit, the quality is fantastic, pretty easy to feed into the rail, really like the single inflation point went up really quick using the hand pump supplied 👍 The roof hight plus the upright front means you can make use of the whole floor area just like a polled awning 👍 So overall we are 100% happy with our decision to invest in this awning 😎😀

spacer.png

FB140AAD-46E1-4990-8BBA-135334A2BCCE.jpeg

AB83461E-A880-4812-8C71-054019449ADB.jpeg

Looks great (and very familiar for some reason haha).

Hope the dog hasn’t done a runner though :rolleyes:

We tried ours at the weekend at home.

Didn’t bother with the skirt or wheel cover, nor did we put any pegs in so it’s not as taught as it wold be. Also, when we put it up for real, we’ll not put as much air in to start with as it’ll make it easier to make sure the beams are all connected and the awning is pushed out to the right shape before fully inflating.

Absolutely delighted with it 100%.

The big test is, we’re still married with no cross words at all - can’t give it greater praise than that!

How did it go with the pegs on the hard standing? I’ve bought screwed ones over and above the ones that came with it.

CFF4832A-78C3-4F05-82A3-943428DB7FDD.jpeg

CF14B195-2138-443A-86CD-9E246ACF681C.jpeg

Edited by BM Bairn

We used ours on a trip last week for the first time and are also happy with the quality, we also put ours up at home and are glad we did as there were a few small issues, all dealt with quickly by the excellent Isabella service dept. On opening we found that only 1 awning bag was supplied, should be 2, small guy ropes for the kador strip missing and no mention of psi pressure in instructions other than on a separate sheet for the pole across the window that said 5 bar, that's 72 psi !!obviously a print error. Isabella said around 9psi is ok, having  a vango varkala awning aswell they are 7psi, found this pressure fine in this awning.

Plastic pegs for grass are probably ok but metal ones for hardstanding are just pins, a bit poor for something of this standard. when pitching found that draught seal peg points really need to be pegged first as when fully inflated it will try to lever itself up and away from bottom, hence making a draught seal more difficult.Have to say it looks and feels great and had a few admiring comments from fellow campers, one thought it was a poled awing as it went up so tight and straight, as good as it gets i suppose!

• Like 1

It’s good to hear other reviews of how people are getting on with theirs.

Ive seen the psi of 5 and 9 somewhere but might’ve been online.

On the pump, the pressure goes up on the gauge when pushing down, but then returns to zero when I pull it up again so not sure if this is a fault or if they all do that?

We certainly got the two bags. The biggest issue was is trying to fold it back into one of them despite watching the video :blink:

I know what you mean about the seal. I noticed this because we weren’t using pegs. So positioning them to hold against the van side before inflation is a good idea.

As with all air awnings the more air you get out the easier it is to fold in to the bag, this awning has 1 inflation point which means 1 deflation point, Kampa etc has a deflation point for each leg. we also have a vango awning, the pump for this also deflates , you can get 1 for around £20 or less, just hold it on to the open valve hole and suck out the air, spoke to Isabella about this so they know. The valve used is i believe is a boston valve as used on dinghys etc. It opens as air is pushed in but close tight as soon as you stop,the more pressure inside the tighter the seal,useful in a boat! Because of this it can only read pressure whilst pushing air in, do it slowly to gain a reading

We found it easier to remove all the panels for packing down, place them in pairs and roll them up to put in 1 bag, then place the canopy on the floor roof down and straighten all the legs flat, fold in the front part so you now have a rectangle, fold in half lengthways and then fold and roll and place this part in other bag. as i said get out as much air as possible and do this on the carpet to stop damage as Isabella recommend, hope this helps and enjoy your new awning as much as we have

• Like 1

Some good info Pickard57  thanks for sharing 👍 I know what you mean regarding the draught beams, I will follow your advice. We managed to fold ours up complete and get it into the bag, have to say it was a struggle lol, making use of both bags sounds like a good plan 😀 We are off to thetford forrest a week Friday, armed with all this info will make it a breeze 😎 can’t come soon enough 👍 

Regarding the pegs... I used a few of the ones supplied but they are not really up to the job on hard standing 😳 I used mostly rock pegs, which reminds me that I need to get another set so I can make the ones supplied redundant, as stated you’d think they would have supplied something a little  more up to the job.... hey ho 😳😀 that aside WE LOVE IT 😎😎😀

• I agree completely 1

Yup, great advice Pickard57, thank you.

There’s certainly plenty of room in the second bag so makes sense to use it for the panels etc.

Good to know also that my pump isn’t faulty.

I’ll report back on how we get on at our first ever touring van holiday as well as first awning outing too.